Computer restarts randomly

desai_amogh

In the zone
Hi,

Please see my configuration in Signature. My desktop has started restarting randomly. At times it it restarts withing 3-4 seconds of turning it ON. At times stays till the Bios screen comes, other times Windows & boots and it restarts after 5-10 minutes. It doesnt stay On for more than 10 Minutes.

I have tried using one RAM stick in each slot, but it still does the same thing so issue is not with the RAM. I have checked temperatures (using tools like HWInfo) when it boots, but doesnt seem to go beyond 40 degrees, and other motherboard parameters too look OK. So I'm left with only conclusion that the SMPS has gone bad.

Any other suggestions for testing ???

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try with another psu.
is it with windows only ? have you tried with linux? try to boot linux from a pendrive.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
try reinstalling your windows.. for that you will have to insert the windows cd and then boot from cd.. good luck

I do not recommend meddling with your OS just yet as you mentioned that it even reboots from BIOS load.

Try booting with linux as suggested above and if it works, then check your windows. If it doesnt, then try using another PSU. disconnect your GC for time being and verify each component of the core pc first.

Do keep us posted.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
1. load bios defaults and see
2. check cpu's fan running fine and processor is not loosen up
3. try you smps to other PC
4. check RAM modules on different PC.

do things as ordered above.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
considering u have good Anti Virus installed and has no virus
the restarting is due to your faulty SMPS