Computer restarts randomly really frustrated help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo_Boy

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,

Just bought and assembled a pc only two days ago.

Config:
Intel e5400
Asus P5QPL-AM
2 GB RAM (Some Local Brand Micron Something, I asked for Kingston but the shop from i bought the components in meerut said that kingston is not available in all of meerut :| I know he was making a C**tia out of me but i thought RAM is RAM, Kya farak padta hai so bought the sticks.)
No Graphics Card.

Now my problem is that my pc restarts randomly for no reason at all. it doesn't even give any message or BSOD, it just restarts whenever it wants. I use BSNL Night unlimited and its quite frustrating to see in the morning that whatever i left to download in utorrent is gone and i'm staring at the Scarlet Johanson wallpaper that is currently gracing my desktop.

So friends please suggest something that i might do in order to keep my pc running free from these restarting problems. I've had pcs for the last eight years but never encountered a problem like that. I'm suspecting RAM could be the culprit. whatta you think guys. some other areas of concern i should be looking at apart from the RAM???

Thanks in advance.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You getting any BSOD dumps at:C:\Windows\Minidump

Which PSU. Reset the BIOS once also.

OP
B

Buffalo_Boy

Right off the assembly line
Running windows 7. Can't find the minidump directory so don't know about BSOD dumps.

PSU is the one which came bundled with the intex cabinet.

How to reset the bios?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If it has been just 2 days, what are you doing here, just take it back to the assembler/shop. There is some fault with the PSU for sure, he cannot charge you anything as it's not been even a week. Get it checked instantly. Even if you assembled it on your own, take it to the shop.
And which processor is e5400? I hope it isn't C2D E5400. And wish you had insisted on Kingston or transcend RAM. Otherwise there are Zion, hynix and all, why go for some local brand?

Gauravs90

geek........
you bought intex cabinet so it must come with intex PSU which have only 60 to 65% efficiency only. What's your PSU's power rating?

The efficiency of these PSUs further decrease with increase in temp. NEVER rely on intex

download temperature monitoring softwares like everest ultimate edition to check if yuor processor is not overheating it might also be culprit.

run memtest+ tool to check weather RAM contains error or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom