computer randomly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
My computer restarts randomly at any time ..sometimes (very rare) I get the blue screen saying that the computer is beign shut to prevent damage to the computer and ends with the message begining physical memory dump. At other times the computer just restarts. I have already run the scandisc in through mode. I am using norton antivirus 2006 but my subscription has expired, my config is as follows

Amd 3000+ 939 pin
MSI 6100 based motherboard
80Gb harddisk SATA
Sony DVD writer
512 Mb 400Mhz ram

Please help

anandk

Distinguished Member
helpful link akash :)

btw if ur norton has xpired, y dont u uninstall it, run a good registry cleaner lke ccleaner, and then instal a good freeware av like avast/avg/avira ?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok now I am going crazy..I formatted my comp and reinstalled windows ( formatted only the C:) keeping the rest of the partitions intact. I have now seen two blue screens with the errors

stop c0000218 (hard error)
and stop c0000221 (bad image checksum)

and also got the lsass.exe missing (which according to the net is a sign of sasser virus infection). Now when I try to install windows it shows me a error showing a "boot disk unreadable . Ploblem may be with the mounting or disc hardware" message.
Pls help

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
checked all the fans and stuff of the comp. All in working order. also dusted the inside of the PC so I guess overheating should not be an Issue..

By the way I checked the temp of my processor(from cell menu in the BIOS) it is something like 100 deg farenhite ..is it OK

I have an AMD 3000+ (939 pin venice core)
MSI 6100 based motherboard

sree_shan

Broken In
@izzikio

iam posting the maximum temperatures allowed to all the processors....

(i got this list by browsing of course .... :) )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The actual data:

AMD Athlon, Athlon 64, Opteron, Duron and Sempron

All Slot A CPUs (Athlon classic, Athlon Thunderbird) 70°C
Athlon Socket A up to 1 GHz, Duron up to 1.3GHz 90°C
Athlon "Thunderbird" Socket A 1.1GHz or more 95°C
Athlon MP 1.33GHz or more 95°C
Athlon XP up to 2100+ 90°C
Athlon XP 2200+ and faster 85°C
Duron "Applebred" 1.4G and faster 85°C
AMD Opteron 69 or 70°C
depending on model
Athlon 64, 64FX, Sempron Most models 70°C; 65°C for some Socket 939 Athlon 64 models
Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) 65°C

AMD K6 series

All K6 CPUs (166-300MHz) and most K6-2/K6-III CPUs 70°C
K6-2/K6-III CPUs, model name ending with X (e.g. K6-2-450AFX) 65°C
K6-2-400AFQ (uncommon) 60°C (!)
K6-2+, K6-III+, most mobile K6/K6-2 CPUs 85°C
mobile K6/K6-2 model name ending with K (e.g. mobile K6-2-P-400AFK) 80°C

The temperatures specified for AMD CPUs max case surface temperatures.

These CPUs do not have an internal diode to measure CPU temperature. The accuracy of the CPU temperature measurement depends on the motherboard; therefore, it is possible that the CPU overheats even though the CPU temperature reported by the motherboard is below the specified maximal temperature.

Intel Pentium III

Pentium III Socket 370 500-866MHz,
Pentium III Slot 1 (first generation, OLGA) 550-600MHz,
Pentium III Slot 1 ('Coppermine') 500-866MHz 80-85°C depending on model
Pentium III Socket 370 and Slot 1, 933MHz 75°C
Pentium III Slot 1 933MHz 60°C (!)
Pentium III Slot 1 1GHz 70°C for newer versions
60°C (!) for older version
Pentium III Slot 1 1.13GHz (first version) 62°C (!)

Pentium III max temperatures are the maximum temperatures reported by the thermal junction inside the CPU.

Intel Celeron / Celeron

Celeron 266-433MHz 85°C (max. CPU case temperature)
Celeron 466-533MHz (0.25µ) 70°C (max. CPU case temperature)
Celeron 533-600MHz ('Coppermine) 90°C
Celeron 633 and 667MHz 82°C
Celeron 700-850 MHz 80°C
Celeron 900MHz-1.4GHz 69-70°C depending on model
Celeron 1.7GHz and faster 67-77°C depending on model

Celeron max temperatures are the maximum temperatures reported by the thermal junction inside the CPU, unless otherwise specified.

Intel Pentium II

Pentium II (1st generation, 'Klamath') 72-75°C depending on MHz
Pentium II (2nd generation, 2.0V core), 266-333MHz 65°C
Pentium II (350-400MHz) 75°C
Pentium II (450MHz) 70°C

Pentium II temperatures are the maximum temperatures of the thermal transfer plate (on which the heatsink is installed).

Intel Pentium 4, Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, Pentium M

Pentium 4
Max. temperature depends much on model and clockspeed, but no clear pattern is visible. Consult Intel's tech specs for information on your particular model.
(Lowest: P4 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz with 64°C, highest: P4 Willamette 1.8GHz with 78°C). 64°C - 78°C
Pentium M 100°C (!)

Intel Pentium D (dual core)
Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) 63°C
Pentium D 830 and 840 (3.0-3.2GHz) 69.8°C

Note: Pentium 4 and Pentium D temperature specifications indicate the maximum cover temperature, which is typically lower than the temperature reported by the internal thermal diode. Therefore, your system may be running fine even if the reported "CPU temperature" in the BIOS is higher than the temperature specified here. This does not mean that you're on the safe side, though.

Intel Pentium Pro
Pentium Pro, 256 or 512K L2 cache 85°C
Pentium Pro, 1MB L2 cache 80°C

Pentium Pro temperatures are maximum surface temperatures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) :) :)

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok so my comp is not overheating ..so i guess it is a hardware problem. I attached my hard disk to a friend's pc and I can acess all other partitions and stuff but if i try to boot from it still gives the disk error...any suggestions should i try to change the HDD or the RAM (friend suggested that the RAM may be causing the problem).

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yup lsass.exe is a system process that gets infected by the sasser viri...I just heard of a virus that will cause random restarts and will be detected only if you have the latest virus definations ...any help on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom