Computer Freezing (not BSOD) problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
Recently I purchased a computer with E4400 C2D processor, XFX n650i Ultra Motherboard, 2 GB RAM, DVD Writer, iBall Laser Combo KB+Mouse and Leadtek 7600GS graphics card....

I have been having regular problem of computer freezing while working with it.... This is not restricted to Windows but happens in Linux also... First I thought it was the graphics card and had its BIOS updated... Now, the problem takes more time to occur, but it still happens....

If I boot after long time, first freeze takes a while, but if I boot after a recent freeze, the freeze occurs very quickly (sometimes, even before bootup)...

Not sure where the problem is, but my best guess is: 1. UPS (600 VA Microtek), 2. SMPS (Zebronics Platinum 500W) or 3. Graphics card...

Please post your suggestions on how to determine the exact problem

Thanks in advance
Arun

sashijoseph

In the zone
The smps seems to be ok for your config.Keep track of the cpu and gpu temps while working.Check the ram thoroughly with memtest.
It most probably is a temperature issue.

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
I havent oced the proccy... What software can I use to monitor temperatures? There is a temp sensor in the cabinet with display in front - it shows about 31 to 32 degrees C when freezing, but it is not always the same value... Also, not sure where the sensor is picking temp (near or away from cpu and gfx card)... Will test RAM asap too...

Arun

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
As you have an Nvidia card and an Nvidia chipset, i would recommend Ntune... It will help you view temsps of both cpu and gpu and also help you determine the best OC :))

i dont have the link search google/Nvidia website for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom