Computer freezes (Windows 10) while using video chat in the telegram-desktop version

shreeux

Movie Buff
My system completely freezes while doing a video chat on the Telegram desktop version

My PC config:-

Processor (CPU) - AMD RYZEN 5 2600
Motherboard (MOBO) - MSI GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Graphic Card (GPU) - Nvidia Geforce GT210
Memory (RAM) - XPG SPECTRIX D40 DDR4 RGB 16GB 3000 MHZ RGB
Storage (SSD or HDD) - ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro / WD BLUE 1TB
Power Supply Unit (PSU) - CORSAIR TX750M
PC Case - - Cooler Master Masterbox MB511-RGB
Monitor - Lenovo L27q-10 QHD Monitor (2560x1440)
UPS - APC Back-UPS ES 650

1668667246139.png

@Desmond
@omega44-xt
@whitestar_999
@Zangetsu

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Are you able to view the Task Manager? If so, try checking the process list and see which process is consuming most CPU/RAM in Task Manager when running the video call.

Reinstall Telegram app? Might be app issue. The GT210 should not cause an issue IMO. See if video chat in Telegram is set to have some auto blur or filters, remove those.

DestGod

Journeyman
Have you faced any other problems other than a system freeze? Does it happen only in Telegram or other apps as well?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Windows might have recorded an event for the freeze in the Event Viewer (System or Application section) check if it has any meaningful info for further debugging
Next time when you run the app, before than take a clean-boot approach This will prevent non-MS services or any other third-party services from starting that might conflict with this app.
When this happens does it come out of freeze or hard-reset is the only option?
Looks like u have HDD and SSD. Disconnect HDD while on the app and test again

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
That's like using a hammer to fix a needle. Process Lasso is for advanced users who know exactly what they are doing.
If OP is curious enough to know exactly which process is causing the freeze. Whether its Telegram or something else.

I'm glad you haven't replied finding a needle in a haystack.

Hammer and Needle both are useful tools we use. And both do their job pretty well

Sadly with Windows, many times troubleshooting is like indeed like finding needle in a haystack or worse. I find it easier & less time consuming to reinstall Windows & setting it up again.

Zangetsu

Sadly with Windows, many times troubleshooting is like indeed like finding needle in a haystack or worse. I find it easier & less time consuming to reinstall Windows & setting it up again.
That is the fastest way to resolve issues, but what if the root cause is not eliminated and occurs again after windows reinstall.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If OP is curious enough to know exactly which process is causing the freeze. Whether its Telegram or something else.

I'm glad you haven't replied finding a needle in a haystack.

Hammer and Needle both are useful tools we use. And both do their job pretty well
Do tell how process lasso is going to tell the OP which process is causing the freeze in more detail than the much simpler & 100% risk free task manager method suggested by desmond just above your post.

Yes, hammer & needle both are useful in doing their job but issue comes when one suggest hammer to do the job where needle is required.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using logging
*bitsum.com/logging/
Can you explain to me/op how logging of process lasso will determine which process is causing issue by assuming any real/imaginary process to be the cause because I only see process usage stats for terminated processes in logging which requires one to first enable specific rules?

Zangetsu

Can you explain to me/op how logging of process lasso will determine which process is causing issue by assuming any real/imaginary process to be the cause because I only see process usage stats for terminated processes in logging which requires one to first enable specific rules?
I'm not a debug expert in troubleshooting computer issues, but all I can say is using process monitor tools one can examine the programs how they affect the windows during their runtime by collecting data in real time by logging for later analysis. performance counters or event logs generated in the system. OP can also using memory dump files and can do deep dive on analyzing the freeze or other crash issues. Process lasso is one the advance tools featuring extra settings to help users control their CPU priorities and performance etc.

Top Bottom