Comptuer for animation

hacktom

Broken In
I want to assemble a pc for advanced animation, rendering. I have decided to go with Intel Xeon W3530 2.66GHz, 4 core processor and Dual 768 MB NVIDIA quadro FX1800 OR 1GB NVIDIA quadro FX3800. please recommend other parts of computer with prices and also prices of the above mentioned processor and graphics card in Delhi. I can spend about 90,000 - 1lakhs for this computer. You can also recommend a better processor or graphics card other than mentioned above

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Can you fill the below questionnaire so i can suggest you a good config!
1. What is your MAX budget?
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
4. Planning to overclock?
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
7. What resolution will the screen run at?
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
Also can you tell me which all apps you'll be using i.e. Maya , 3D Max, etc. Also are you a professional or a student?

OP
H

hacktom

Broken In
1. What is your MAX budget? -- Upto 90,000 maybe 1 Lakh
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why? -- Yes
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that) -- Animation, Rendering
4. Planning to overclock? -- No
5. Which OS are you planning to use? -- Ubuntu
6. How much hard drive space is needed? -- 500 Gb - 1Tb
7. What resolution will the screen run at? -- 1920 X 1080
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest) -- 7
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? -- No, it will be done by assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system? -- may by october or november 2010
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations? -- Yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention. -- No
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states? -- Delhi, Delhi
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary --
I want to use the graphics card mentioned above in my post. So please don't recommend ATI firegl cards.

Also I will be using Maya, Blender, Cinema 4d and Vue 8. I am a professional.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
10. When are you planning to buy the system? -- may by october or november 2010
if you plan to buy in Oct or Nov then it'll be better you ask then coz there are going to be lots of price changes happening, new hardware release between now & then.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary --
I want to use the graphics card mentioned above in my post. So please don't recommend ATI firegl cards.
any specific reason for that, FirePro's are doing really good these days compared to Quadros & especially at that price point!

OP
H

hacktom

Broken In
I want to go with quadro card since I will also be doing cuda programming.
Also just now I have decided to buy the system by next week so can you give the estimated price and configuration.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
I want to go with quadro card since I will also be doing cuda programming.
currently quadro's aren't worth it, wait for the Fermi based quadros to come out! the lower end quadros aren't recommend for rendering! check out the hardware requirement for Maya 2010 on Autodesk site!

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Proccy: AMD P2 1090T (good for Rendering)
Mobo: Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (Crossfire & SLI support)
RAM: GSkill 4GB Kit 1333 CL7
HDD: WD 1TB Black
SMPS: CM GX550
Case: CM 690
LCD: Dell S2409W

Last edited:
OP
H

hacktom

Broken In
Thanks for the quick reply. Also what will be the total price of the above mentioned assembled comp.
what is the price difference between Intel Xeon W3530 and Phenom II X6 1090T.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
what is the price difference between Intel Xeon W3530 and Phenom II X6 1090T.
1090Tis somewhere around 15K. For the Xeon i'll have to check! But if you go for the Xeon its going to be harder getting the Quadros as the cost of RAM, Mobo & Proccy are going to increase!

PS: Check your Inbox, sent you a PM!

Top Bottom