Compatibility.

saijm4444

Right off the assembly line
I own a Intel DG41RQ1 Motherboard. I was wondering if SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD R9 270X 2GB DDR5 DUAL-X OC WITH BOOST is compatible with this motherboard.

OP
S

saijm4444

but the thing you would have worry about is the space and the power used up by the card

I have 1 Core2Duo @2.93GHz, 2x4GB RAM DDR2 LG bluray drive, and Seagate 256GB HDD.
All in all, 34W topps. Will this be a problem? I have an Intex PSU, don't know the wattage. Assembler said that there would be no need to change PSU for 2GB Graphics Card. Is that correct? EDIT: This link told me the wattage www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I have an iball cabinet, measures 40 x 15 x 37 cm. Space not a problem, I think.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I have 1 Core2Duo @2.93GHz, 2x4GB RAM DDR2 LG bluray drive, and Seagate 256GB HDD.
All in all, 34W topps. Will this be a problem? I have an Intex PSU, don't know the wattage. Assembler said that there would be no need to change PSU for 2GB Graphics Card. Is that correct? EDIT: This link told me the wattage www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I have an iball cabinet, measures 40 x 15 x 37 cm. Space not a problem, I think.

he is ignorant. never believe these shopkeepers. they dont know what they are saying. so better be safe that sorry later. it is not GB which determines the performance of a gpu. we have 2GB gtx 770 which costts 28k and have 4gb gt 440 at 4.5k. do they perform same?? there is a huge difference. what is important is the graphics processor and not the amount of memory.

your cpu will bottleneck the gpu surely.. upgrade cpu,mobo, gpu and psu.
else go for a little lower end card and a good psu.
in either ways, you need to change the psu. else you will have to sit with burnt components..;)

OP
S

saijm4444

anything over hd 7770 is probably gonna bottleneck.
@op, what is your monitor resolution?? at-least try to get a used core2 quad cpu.

1600*900, acer S200HL.

Upgrading mobo and cpu is impossible for me now :( Not enough money.
But, graphics card can be upgraded. and the psu too.
cpu runs at 2.93Ghz, will that bottleneck the card?

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at the specs of R9 and R7, and the only difference seems to be in the GPU processor. The price difference is 2k. What should I do?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
1600*900, acer S200HL.

Upgrading mobo and cpu is impossible for me now :( Not enough money.
But, graphics card can be upgraded. and the psu too.
cpu runs at 2.93Ghz, will that bottleneck the card?

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at the specs of R9 and R7, and the only difference seems to be in the GPU processor. The price difference is 2k. What should I do?

if you think on upgrading your cpu in near future, get the 270x and antec vp550p..

vito scalleta

In the zone

The wattage will be clearly prnted on the PSU . just open the cabinet and have a look.
I have seen many instances wher the sellers have sold large rated PSUs along with the config just bcoz they didnt know how much power the setup would need. So better check the ur PSUs wattage b4 proceeding.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
^^ Its an intex PSU(comes under blacklisted category). So u have to change the PSU irrespective of its power rating

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
he is ignorant. never believe these shopkeepers. they dont know what they are saying. so better be safe that sorry later. it is not GB which determines the performance of a gpu. we have 2GB gtx 770 which costts 28k and have 4gb gt 440 at 4.5k. do they perform same?? there is a huge difference. what is important is the graphics processor and not the amount of memory.

your cpu will bottleneck the gpu surely.. upgrade cpu,mobo, gpu and psu.
else go for a little lower end card and a good psu.
in either ways, you need to change the psu. else you will have to sit with burnt components..;)

:+1: //

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Just get a minimum of Antec VP450P or a Corsair VS550. No manufacturer will provide you warranty for burnt components. When you can throw in more than 15k north for a GPU, why not throw in another 2600 for the PSU that will care for it?
Alternatively, go for a 265X or a GTX660 instead of the 270x and get a decent PSU for Christ's sake, if your budget is strict!

Top Bottom