Compaq Preasrio Laptop - No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkajith

Right off the assembly line
Dear all,

My Compaq Presario C-300 Laptop is not working. When i press the power button, the Power LED is blinking only once (at the time of releasing the power switch). No activity happening. While opening the laptop, we found out that one IC is burntbut could not identfy which one is this.

Please advise how to proceed on this

Thanks for your valuable time

Best Regards
Ajith

mrintech

Technomancer
Go to nearest authorized Compaq Service Center and ask for help there. If your Laptop is in Guarantee period than may be they service it for free.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^He said that he opened the laptop, which means warranty might have become void even if it's under warranty period.

OP
V

vkajith

Right off the assembly line
Friends,

I forgot to mention few points. Waranty period is over. I took it to the HP center. They said they will not diagonize the problem, instead they will simply replace the mother board, for which they will charge $500 (Rs.25000) in Chennai India. I didnt opt this option since the Laptop Cost itself is $600 only. I took it to a technician, he found out that a chip is burned out. Neither he or me ( I m a hardware engineer) could not identify the device. In all probability, it is in Power Control section, not in Power Supply section. It is a 8 pin SM device. Only if somebody has the Circuit Diagram, I will be able to rectify the problem.

Thank you

Ajith

mrintech

Technomancer
This Manual may help you: *h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00753552.pdf

Also Google: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Compaq+Presario+C300+laptop+service+manual&btnG=Search

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom