Compaq 12.1" laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopz

In the zone
Compaq Presario B1980TU - Less than a month old, bill available.

Pentium Dual Core T2080 @ 1.73 Ghz
512MB RAM
80 GB HDD
12.1" widescreen brightview
WLAN, Bluetooth, Firewire, Card reader etc
ATI 128MB graphics (shared memory)
8X DVD DL writer
Extended 6 cell battery with HP carry case.
Vista Basic OS

Bought it this month for 43k, selling because I need 64 bit support.

Last edited:
OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
pawan1234 said:
You will lose your own face value & rep in this forum by such unreasonable comments. Be reasonable, this is a serious forum and not some kind of a joke. I hope the mods will comment/ take necessary action.

It is barely 2 weeks old and I paid 49k for it, I am willing to give it away for 40k. Just worth mentioning again that I paid extra to get RAM & HDD upgraded.

Last edited:
gopz said:
Please DO NOT lose your face by such comments. Be reasonable, this is a serious forum and not some kind of a joke. I hope the mods will comment.
Hey gopz, how many things are you selling? I have never seen anybody who buys these many things.

OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
MetalheadGautham said:
Hey gopz, how many things are you selling? I have never seen anybody who buys these many things.

Actually I sold the Acer to buy this one, and now there is a requirement for me to run a 64Bit OS, thats why Im selling this though I know its a loss for me. I cannot afford to keep this and still buy another 64Bit laptop.

^^This you Gopz? Its fifth in google search, so congratulations.
*bangalore.click.in/classified/for-sale/computers-parts/217528/compaq-121-inch-laptop.html

Pat

Beyond Smart
gopz said:
Actually I sold the Acer to buy this one, and now there is a requirement for me to run a 64Bit OS, thats why Im selling this though I know its a loss for me. I cannot afford to keep this and still buy another 64Bit laptop.
But I guess your Acer laptop was sold on 18-12-07! Then how come this laptop is around a month old ??

And ,sorry for being rude,but its a bit foolish for someone to spend 49k without being sure if it will run the app/OS he or she wants to!

OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
MetalheadGautham said:
^^This you Gopz? Its fifth in google search, so congratulations.
*bangalore.click.in/classified/for-sale/computers-parts/217528/compaq-121-inch-laptop.html

Yes its me, Gautham, thanks :)

@Pat, there is a sceptic in every group. Yes, I bought this one on 9th Dec and sold the acer on 18th.

I did not know at the time of buying that I will need to install this 64Bit OS on my laptop...I am learning a new System Modeling tool that is 64Bit. At the time of buying it, I did not know that I will be learning this tool and will need to install on my personal laptop too.

gopz said:
Yes its me, Gautham, thanks :)

@Pat, there is a sceptic in every group. Yes, I bought this one on 9th Dec and sold the acer on 18th.

I did not know at the time of buying that I will need to install this 64Bit OS on my laptop...I am learning a new System Modeling tool that is 64Bit. At the time of buying it, I did not know that I will be learning this tool and will need to install on my personal laptop too.
Have you tried to see if a 64 bit processor was available for your motherboard? Or, have you thought about trying to get a new lappy mobo? its definitely worth a shot. If you are in Bangalore, as that google link says, SP road will definitely have such rarely bought stuff. Don't be rash in your actions, like iMav.

OP
gopz

gopz

In the zone
Is it possible to change the processor to a 64bit one, on a laptop? Well I am definitely going to explore this option asap. Will check with a hardware dealer about the costs involved.

But on other thoughts:

1. I will need to invest considerably on a new 64Bit processor
2. Lose warranty on the laptop
3. The old processor will be lying waste.

Thanks a lot, Gautham...but do you think its worth all this or just sell this and get a new one?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
do you think its worth all this or just to sell this and get a new one?

Think about it... Compaq 702C with 1 GB RAM can come at Rs. 24500/- all incl... now just for discussion, why would one buy a 12." notebook...

the main reason is for those who travels a lot, but those type of customers who needs power but at low waight, for them the same issue of lack of 64bit support would come up and more over its a Core Duo ... :(

for those who wants a light notebook for business reasons, to them its over power :( 2 GB + 160 GB is a extra burden....

pawan1234 said:

quite frankly, Rs. 20k is a price tag I also would have offered...

as tell me what would be an user field you want to target to sell this product ??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
arunks said:
they can take the money and can change the processor...

i think so

I am not sure, but no brand does it after the product leaves their house... and compaw doesnt even offer any pre config options like Dell :(

I didnt get the picture also, as what is the model number of this 12.1" device ??

Compaq Presario B1200

is there at Compaq with 12.1" but comes with x3100 and C2D processor.. and with 1 GB is Rs. 44k kolkata, how did you miss this model ??

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
gopz said:

Guess that's how. ;)

Regards,
ray

As cheeta says, think carefully before selling this. And yes, that lappy cheeta mentioned has a pathetic CPU.

If you think the old procy will lie waste, then think again. You can still save some bucks, and even sell that old procy + mobo second hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom