CodeCombat - An action packed way to learn JavaScript

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
CodeCombat is a game that will teach you how to code in JavaScript using an action packed RPG like game.

CodeCombat

There is also a Multiplayer mode that you can use to test your skills against other players.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I played CodeCombat for an hour last night. Its interesting yes. Best way to learn programming? Not quite.
But the music and premise keeps you glued to the seat and you feel like God manipulating every action of the protagonist through codes.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This seems quite interesting. Are there any others like this?

There's Code Maven and Game Maven. Though these are not really games like CodeCombat, are still an interesting way to learn Javascript.

There is a thread discussing these here : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/programmi...ame-maven-teach-you-how-code-build-games.html

- - - Updated - - -

I played CodeCombat for an hour last night. Its interesting yes. Best way to learn programming? Not quite.
But the music and premise keeps you glued to the seat and you feel like God manipulating every action of the protagonist through codes.

It doesn't feel dull as compared to coding for real, also, it teaches some fundamental OOP concepts which you can learn in depth if you get hooked to coding.

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Thanks!

The way I see it, this helps people take that all important first step into the world of programming. There is a false impression that programming is ridiculously complex and things like these allay that fear.

Obviously, if you wish to get all the concepts right then further reading and practise is warranted.

Top Bottom