CM690 HDD Tray

dexterz

Journeyman
I have a 6year old CM690 cabinet and as of today my last hdd tray came apart. Given its age I know there won't be any replacement available in the market. Right now i've just placed the 2 sata drives and 2 ssd on the cabinet side/floor. any jugaad that might help? or should i look at replacing the cabinet?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No offence but why do you even want to continue using a 6 years old cabinet in such a condition.Sell it as junk & get a good new cabinet that can last for another couple of years.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
No offence but why do you even want to continue using a 6 years old cabinet in such a condition.Sell it as junk & get a good new cabinet that can last for another couple of years.
budget constraints. UPS has started failing more frequently as of late. need to upgrade from a 700va to 1kva on that end. might go for a cheap corsair if nothing works out. just need to be ready to handle wife aggro lol

Nerevarine

Incarnate
ORICO Aluminum 5.25 inch to 2.5 or 3.5 inch All in 1 Hard Drive HDD SSD Converter Adapter Mounting Bracket( AC52535 1S BK)-in HDD Enclosure from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You can always use one of these to utilize your 5.25 inch space and convert them for a 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch hdd storage place.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
Cheap corsair spec-01 model is available for ~3k along with Antec GX200,both are good vfm choices.
ORICO Aluminum 5.25 inch to 2.5 or 3.5 inch All in 1 Hard Drive HDD SSD Converter Adapter Mounting Bracket( AC52535 1S BK)-in HDD Enclosure from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You can always use one of these to utilize your 5.25 inch space and convert them for a 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch hdd storage place.
thanks guys. will check those out.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
ANTEC DF500 RGB Mid Tower Cabinet (Atx) - With Tempered Glass Side Panel
will take a look at it. also found this Deepcool TESSERACT BF Mid Tower Computer Case (Black) and it seems to tick the budget and fitting the cooler parts. any idea about deepcool?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
will take a look at it. also found this Deepcool TESSERACT BF Mid Tower Computer Case (Black) and it seems to tick the budget and fitting the cooler parts. any idea about deepcool?
Deepcool is a good brand for AIO Coolers and Cabinets but their cheaper cabinets are very fragile because I ordered one and returned it and bought Corsair SPEC-01 instead. I suggest Antec GX200 @ 2.7k from primeabgb.com

Antec GX200 Link:Buy Online | Antec GX200 Window ATX Computer Cabinet | Price in India

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
Deepcool is a good brand for AIO Coolers and Cabinets but their cheaper cabinets are very fragile because I ordered one and returned it and bought Corsair SPEC-01 instead. I suggest Antec GX200 @ 2.7k from primeabgb.com

Antec GX200 Link:Buy Online | Antec GX200 Window ATX Computer Cabinet | Price in India
i dont mind getting a gx200 or spec-01 except for the cpu cooler clearance ( those values are ranging between 150mm to 158mm across different sites).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
i dont mind getting a gx200 or spec-01 except for the cpu cooler clearance ( those values are ranging between 150mm to 158mm across different sites).
According to the official website of Antec its
Maximum CPU cooler height:
6.2” (158 mm)
Source:Antec GX200

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
My cooler is 160.5mm. Looks like i need to up my budget or get the dc tessaract

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
COOLER MASTER FORCE 500 @ 2.75k

Link:Cooler Master Force 500 - Mid Tower Computer Case
Net Weight 5.23 kg / 11.51 lbs
M/B Type microATX, ATX
5.25" Drive Bays 2 (exposed)
3.5" Drive Bays 8 (1 exposed, 7 hidden)
2.5" Drive Bays 1 (hidden)
I/O Panel USB 3.0 x 1 (int.), USB 2.0 x 2,
Mic x1, Audio x 1 (supports AC97 / HD Audio)
Expansion Slots 7
Cooling System Front: 140mm fan x 1 (optional), or 120mm fan x 2 (optional)
Rear: 120mm black fan x 1 (installed)
Side (left): 120/140mm fan x 1 (optional)
Side (right): 120mm fan x 2 (optional)
Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V
Maximum Compatibility VGA card length: 320mm / 12.6 inch (with HDD cage)
CPU cooler height: 163.9mm / 6.5 inch

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I own this cabinet, it is a really VFM option, I got it for 2.6k though.
After 5 years of abuse, still strong

Top Bottom