Cell phone features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
I am not sure what these features mean actually.So kindly help me in this:

1.What is RDS support in Radio FM player
2.What is HSCSD support
3.A2DP is playing music through bluetooth right ?? Is it bidirectional like playing from cell to computer and computer to cell.
4.EDGE is for internet connectivity right ?? Means we can use net in both cell and computer connected to it ? Then what is GPRS meant to do ??
5.Bluetooth speed increases from versions 1,1.1,1.2,2 right ??
6.3G is for video calls right ?? But Nokia 6233 is 3G without secondary camera
7.Sound quality increases as the no. of channels increase right ??

These may seem childish but i am ignorant about these.So waiting for answers.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) radio data system. radio stations can air data like the station info, the song info, lyrics etc. which can be decoded by the fm player and displayed on the screen.

2) hi speed circuit switched data. its a data communication standard for hi speed communication. it can offer sppeds upto 115kbps. its somthing like a gprs standard.

3) thoeratically yes, a2dp is audio streaming from one device to other via bluetooth. the source and destination aren't fixed. so it shud be possible.

4) yes, yes, edge can be thot of and upgraded version of gprs in simple terms for better speeds.

5) yes

6) yes, but 3g is not exclusively for that. wid 3g u haf a faster communication channel which can be utilised for video calling. even the ages 6630 is a 3g phone but doesn't haf a second cam.

7) not necessarily true, it may or may not. it all depends on the reproduction of instruments by the synthesizer chip. but more channels always allow u to play more instruments simultaneously which maybe one of the factors for better sound quality.

nothing is childish pal. learning is an ever on going process!

vandit

In the zone
1.)EDGE is for high speed net connectivity....
just go to www.answers.com/EDGE

2.)3G is not just for video calls...it stands for 3rd generation..which increases the data transfer rate and other features...
www.answers.com/3g

3.)I think the sound channel needs a larger description to make u clear....

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
Thx guys for ur answers it was much useful for me .

So 3G,EDGE,GPRS and HSCSD are all for high speed data trabsfers and communications .Its wierd why so many standards are req for this.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm.. lets make it simpler. consider each step as one generation (meaning one level up in ascending order)

1) gprs, hscsd
2) edge
3) 3g

hope its clear now.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
Yeah i am somewhat clear now.

But since they are in ascending order as u told, is the 3G feature alone enough to provide hi speed comm without requiring others ?

And N70 lack hscsd and k790i lack 3g,so does lack of one or other feature affect entire speed of communication ???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes 3g is enough. but here in india we do not haf the infrastructure to support 3g. hscsd is a parallel technology of gprs. as of now in india we haf edge over gprs network. so any phone which has gprs is able to access the net. and any phone which supports edge on gprs network will give decent transfer speeds. of corz lack of 3g has effect on the speed. but only if 3g service is provided by the service provider.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
oh i see thx for ur wonderful response.

So in india at present just edge alone is enough.I dont need to buy cell with HSCSD or 3G at present.Thx.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
I dont think that any phone with Egde will have HSCSD - have seen a lot of phones without hscsd.Eg : N70

b/w i am thinking of a phone at around 7k.Thinkink of stretchng my budget and going for 6233.

Req are 1.Killer looks,2.internet connectivity features.Mostly i need a phone to boost my image within my budget.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ not true. hscsd is a parallel technology of gprs. edge over hscsd is availalble in some countries. but here in india it doesn't make any difference.

anyways, 7k is far too less for the features u've mentioned. 6233 is a great phone but loses out in the looks dept.! for the price of 10k u can get k750i, great value for money as 6233 but again, looks wise it loses.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
ok my budget can be stretched to 9k but k750i lacks edge.

Also which is the cheapest s60 phone.Any other good models in my price range.

K

krazyfrog

Cheapest S60 phone with EDGE is Nokia 6681. It could come in your budget.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
but my brother alreadyt has a 6680 phone so i wont buy the same thing

and as i would be going in for a high end mobile in 3 or 4 months,i need one with good resale value too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom