Status
Not open for further replies.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
CDfs is a virtual Linux file system that provides access to individual data and audio tracks on compact discs. A compact disc mounted with the "CDfs" driver appears as a collection of files, each representing a single track. ......
For more info :
*trappist.elis.ugent.be/~mronsse/cdfs/
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDFS

Well I learned about it few days back and am struggling hard to get it installed but till now unsuccessful... So if anyone can help..
My system specifications :
Linux version 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 (kojibuilder@xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20070502 (Red Hat 4.1.2-12)) #1 SMP Tue Jun 12 15:37:31 EDT 2007

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I believe it's only available for 2.4 kernels, is it there for 2.6 kernel?
I remember compiling it by reading some weird how-to on slackware, using kernel 2.4.31. But that's over 1.5 years back and anyways I didn't understand much back then.

Just saw that it's available in the gentoo's portage.
It's available for F7, too - *atrpms.net/dist/f7/cdfs/
So, check your package manager.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I think it doesnt have the popularity factor,also no release news since last 7 months :?

OP
anantkhaitan

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
@ mehulved
Thanks for the link though I visited it earlier but failed in downloading the correct version out of excitement.. Ahh.. Finally I have installed it.. and guess what, it automounts VCD and others as it promised .. but alas .. even after this I am not able to directly copy the .DAT files.. but not to worry atleast I can rip them if I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom