CD drive disabled !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidawar

Broken In
Hi
i have a lappy at my home,but i do not have the administrator rights. And, the admin has disabled the CD drive.
Is there any way that i can access the Drive by enabling it. please help me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
he must have disabled it either by device manager or by bios or by 3rd party
softwares....

i dont think u can access it w/o admin rights....if he has set a password in
bios....

if disabled by bios try reset the bios password & enable drive frm there:grin:

What is your OS. If it is Windows XP or 2000 and the drive shows in my computer and says access denied follow the lines below

1. type gpedit.msc in the run box and press enter (the group policy windows appears)
2. click on the Administrative Templates under User Configuration on the left pane.
3. now double click on Windows Components on the right pane.
4. now again double click on Windows Explorer on the right pane.
5. now find Prevent Access to Drives from My Computer and double click on it.
6. Now in the dialogue box click on the not configured radio button, click ok and u r done.

This will work only if your CD ROM drive is D:

OP
ravidawar

ravidawar

Broken In
operating system is xp. dude i tried editing gpedit but i dont have the access to do the same too.
it looks like i wont be able to access my drive..
can anyone help me plzzzzz

redhat

Mad and Furious
The first thing you must do now, is try and gain Admin rights...
BTW, try asking the admin to enable the CD Drive for you...

aritrap

Mobile Addict
@KaranTh85 he wont be able to reset the bios if he has a laptop and does not have the password because i dont think he will be happy to lose his warranty or damage something by opening his laptop. Whatever works on a PC is not applicable to every computer.

suniltr77

Broken In
In my friend's computer when he added an DVD writer (preveously he has a combo only)There shows no optical drive.When we detach either of the drive it again shows the drive attached. We tried to enable all the IDE connections and done what we could have, in the BIOS, but finally could able to show up only one drive. It is an 965board with core 2 duo.Can anybody suggest what to be done?

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
Hi
i have a lappy at my home,but i do not have the administrator rights. And, the admin has disabled the CD drive.
Is there any way that i can access the Drive by enabling it. please help me.
If running XP....

1.First reboot Windows XP in safe mode by re-starting the computer and pressing F8 repeated as the computer starts up.

2.Then (in safe mode) click Start and then click Run. In the open box type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes.

3.You will now have access to all the user accounts, including the administrators account and will be able to reset the lost password.

4.Just click the administrators user account, and then click Reset Password.

5.You will need to add a new password in the New password and the Confirm new password boxes, and confirm by clicking OK.

All done, you have recovered the lost adminitrators password!*www.imporlusa.com/forum/Themes/default/images/icons/modify_inline.gif :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom