Status
Not open for further replies.

CompaqVijay

Right off the assembly line
is there any free utility that i can copyright my cd so that others can only read but cannot duplicate the cd

naveenchandran

In the zone
If it is possible to read the CD that implies it is also possible to duplicate the CD.
But it is possible to implement any kind of protection mechanism to the data in the cd.

Consider Windows XP It is copyrighted! Isn't it possible to make a duplicate?
But still there is a protection mechanism within it! to avoid piracy :roll:

H

h4ck3r

Hello mr.naveen and mr.vijay ....

Hello mr.naveen and mr.vijay .... I think there is one std way that is atleast more difficult than the others to crack .. you can code an algo which detects the hdd make and genreates serials based on the company and the serial no of the hdd. the hdd serial no is unique and the serial cant be used more than once .. this is an effective method i think ?? .. Correct me if iam wrong

(I ALSO SAW A POST SOME WHERE FOR CD ENCRYPTION AND RECOMMENDED A SOFTWARE CALLED CRYPTAINER) I think this is better than all protection schmes to protect cds ..

Cheers from
...::th3 h4ck3r ::... 8) 8)

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Hey!

:lol: Me has a couple of *** CDs which play only on the VCD player but not on the comp, I tried them in Linux too....But it just says Bad file System.........Anyone knows what do they use to do that............And how to overcome that :lol:

In Nero, In the VCD section, Dates Tab, i have seen "Volume Effective & Expiration".....does anyone know what that does..........I was too bored to try out what it does :D ........anyone knows what it does?

snehal_prabhu

Broken In
hey rohan

try using software named isobuster. it reads almost any cds even those which cant be copied on to hdd.

there are other software but i havent tried them

H

h4ck3r

@ maverickrohan : i think this toopic is about cd copyrights and not about how to retreive data from a incompatible cd..

Sorry for the comment , but you are deviating the topic :roll:

pathakjr1

Right off the assembly line
O frnd,
Try to *www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom
Eventhough,this is for media CD,this may be useful to you. :p

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
@hacker

Dudeh.....in no ways am i deviating from the topic man..........

CompaqVijay said:
is there any free utility that i can copyright my cd so that others can only read but cannot duplicate the cd

The CD I was reffering to was'nt an imcompatible CD in the true sense of the word "imcompatible" ............. it was an ordinary CD-R which was burnt in such a way that it played perfectly well on a normal VCD player, but Windows & Linux din't detect it(they just showed the folders n files but u cud'nt read them)..........this happened cos it had a modified File System...........

Nowadays VCD Cos. are using such methods to prevent duplication of CDs on PCs, etc. ............ So if u get it.....I was bang on TARGET....................the CD i was refering to was very close to the CD we want to make in this thread..........and i was asking if there is anyone who knows how to make CDs like that..........

@snehal
Hey thnx dude......ur trick did work..........IsoBuster is really kewl.....one of the resons it can read Cds with modified FSs is cos it does not use the WinASPI but something know as SPTI as an interface :twisted:

But again....anyone knows how to make these CDs...and anyone discovered what that feature in Nero does............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom