Casual Rig - 80k

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
Hello Fellas,

I am planning to deploy a new rig by March end, I want a rig which last for 3-4 years, I am going to use it at my new office.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Simple Everyday Use, no High-End Jobs

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80k is what I have planned for, can stretch a bit

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10, I will buy OS separately

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 512GB SSD , not planning to use HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, I want a new monitor with good resolution, screen size could be anywhere between 22-26 Inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will prefer get it done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in New Delhi, I will buy locally but buying online isn't a issue either.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meltdown and Spectre: ‘worst ever’ CPU bugs affect virtually all computers

Intel is expected to launch new design processors free from meltdown & spectre bug later this year.If you are planning on keeping the PC for next 3-4 years then it is better to wait for new design processors.If you can't wait that long then getting AMD Ryzen is better but spectre bug is there.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -80K

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X -14500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz -6500,
Corsair CX550 -4500,
Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB Mini -21000,
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD -7000,
Logitech MK200 KB/Mouse Combo -1000.
TOTAL -80,000.

OP
D

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
Meltdown and Spectre: ‘worst ever’ CPU bugs affect virtually all computers

Intel is expected to launch new design processors free from meltdown & spectre bug later this year.If you are planning on keeping the PC for next 3-4 years then it is better to wait for new design processors.If you can't wait that long then getting AMD Ryzen is better but spectre bug is there.
by when can we expect these new processors range to be available in the market ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
By July-August 2018.
Don't post wrong info,nobody has even an expected month of release other than "later this year" statement given by Intel.

by when can we expect these new processors range to be available in the market ?
Nobody knows,Intel statement only says "later this year". I suggest you to go with AMD Ryzen G processor(comes with integrated graphics just like intel core i processors) releasing in 2nd week of Feb 2018 & should come in Indian markets by Feb end/early March.Or you can go with Ryzen 2xxx processors(next gen of ryzen processors) launching in April.Both will not be free from Spectre bug but exploiting spectre bug 2nd version is much harder on AMD processors(spectre bug has two versions) & spectre v1 bug can be avoided by always using latest updated browsers.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just a general related question based on the discussions in this thread..

Is there any clarity if the AM4 boards would support Ryzen G CPUs out of the box once they are launched, or would it need any BIOS updates?

If BIOS updates are needed, wouldn't it get little tricky for a new buyer as the board already on the shelf at retailer or distributor (That a new user is likely to get) would be having BIOS that does not support new CPUs unless it's updated, for which you would still need a supported CPU.

Do manufacturers accept RMA for BIOS updates in such a case?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Current boards like A320 , B350 will require BIOS update for G Processors before they can be used ..

For new users , there will be new boards with new chipsets like X470, B450 that will launch alongside 2nd generation Ryzen processors in early April .. These will support both the G processors and 2nd gen Ryzen 2600, 2700 out of the box..

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AM4 3xx boards require bios update to support Ryzen 2xxx series processors.This same issue is there with Intel kabylake processors too.I think big PC shops as well as individual service centres allow bios updates(some service centres may charge for updating bios though).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Don't post wrong info,nobody has even an expected month of release other than "later this year" statement given by Intel.

Nobody knows,Intel statement only says "later this year". I suggest you to go with AMD Ryzen G processor(comes with integrated graphics just like intel core i processors) releasing in 2nd week of Feb 2018 & should come in Indian markets by Feb end/early March.Or you can go with Ryzen 2xxx processors(next gen of ryzen processors) launching in April.Both will not be free from Spectre bug but exploiting spectre bug 2nd version is much harder on AMD processors(spectre bug has two versions) & spectre v1 bug can be avoided by always using latest updated browsers.
Intel new design processors will be launched on Spring 2018 (March 18th, 2018). So they will be available in India by May-June or by max August. This is what I said.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel new design processors will be launched on Spring 2018 (March 18th, 2018). So they will be available in India by May-June or by max August. This is what I said.

We were discussing about "meltdown & spectre free intel processors not "usual new intel processors coming with meldown & spectre bug".

Intel Creating on Die Fix for Meltdown & Spectre In New Chips
Brian Krzanich, Intel’s CEO, offered yet another affirmation on the companies commitment to security, the verbiage closely resembling that of their CES 2018 keynote presentation.He did however go one step further, revealing Intel had developed in-silicon fixes for both Spectre and Meltdown. Krzanich did confirm that these fixes would would available for processors released onto the market by 2018, but the exact specific platforms and processors these fixes will be present in hasn’t been made available to the public yet.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You should be able to get Ryzen G processors by then,they look promising.
Suggesting Ryzen because AMD processors are slightly better than Intel with regards to Spectre and Meltdown or Ryzen desktop APUs likely to be better than Intel's i3 8100?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As proper benchmarks are not released it is hard to say but if performance difference is ~10% in favor of intel even then Ryzen G is a better processor because of meltdown & spectre bug not to mention the platform is future upgradeable for next 2-3 years.

Reactions: nac
Top Bottom