Career Advice after Engineering

I'm currently in 3rd year of engineering and you must be expecting me to know Programming . Well I don't really know if I have Interest to write programs but I'm at stake point of life and now tryna get into Programming as I have to develop few programs by the end of this semester . I happened to be taking Cyber Security as specialization and is now doubting the decision I made . Almost majority of the non-programmers are transitioning to Cyber Security in India and also AFAIK there's not much of a money making chances in Cyber Sec
My highest priority is income when it comes to career ( cause finding a career you love is almost a myth and even if you find there's other points in life that are going to bother you for we humans are gravitating towards chaos ) . Unfortunately I couldn't choose Data Science as Specialization as I didn't have enough CGPA and doubted my math skills . So for another year I'm struck with Cyber Security . Is there any demand for Cyber Security for beginner jobs and if not what are the alternative career choices ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Engineering in which stream?
Also for Cyber Security you still need to know programming/scripting.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I'm currently in 3rd year of engineering and you must be expecting me to know Programming . Well I don't really know if I have Interest to write programs but I'm at stake point of life and now tryna get into Programming as I have to develop few programs by the end of this semester . I happened to be taking Cyber Security as specialization and is now doubting the decision I made . Almost majority of the non-programmers are transitioning to Cyber Security in India and also AFAIK there's not much of a money making chances in Cyber Sec
My highest priority is income when it comes to career ( cause finding a career you love is almost a myth and even if you find there's other points in life that are going to bother you for we humans are gravitating towards chaos ) . Unfortunately I couldn't choose Data Science as Specialization as I didn't have enough CGPA and doubted my math skills . So for another year I'm struck with Cyber Security . Is there any demand for Cyber Security for beginner jobs and if not what are the alternative career choices ?

Don't say like that. Cyber security is going to be a good field. You still need to know programming, as @RCuber said.

You may choose data science if you like stats in maths.

You should rather get into this field. Participate in as many hackathons as you can. After all, all these help in building better CV.

There is going to be a hike in cyber sec. Engineers. And stop learning start enjoying. After all it is an interesting subject.

Btw what's your favourite subject?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You could try getting into something such as a QA engineer. QA are testers and their job is to produce and verify test cases to make sure that the application is working as expected. Though this would still require some level of scripting or SQL, this is something you can learn on the job as well.

However, you will still need to write your programs if you want to pass engineering.

Top Bottom