Can't install windows after upgrading PC parts

kartikoli

Busy!!
Recently I've upgraded my PC and bought
Gigabyte b550m DS3H to pair with R5 3500, Along with xpg 2x 8gb 3200Mhz kit. Now, when installing windows it get stuck and crash. It reaches installation process of around 15% ~ 30% though.
I can't see any error message but once there was an error that says your pc ran into trouble and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and restart it for you.

I am using crucial 250gb SSD to install windows and even tried other hard disk (wd 4tb purple) but got same error (around 15% progress).

Please help, I am running out of options at this point in time and this is my work PC so losing money and reputation at job.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
My guess is something wrong with Windows ISO file or USB stick/DVD or both.
Try downloading Windows again and install.
You can try live Linux as well.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What version of Windows 10 (I assume it's Windows 10) are you installing?
If downloading a fresh ISO does not help and it still fails, then try the following

Run with just one RAM and just SSD, no other HDD or any other add on storage devices, during install.

Set BIOS to optimised defaults. Down-clock memory to system default.

If it still crashes, check if there’s any BIOS (Firmware – UEFI) update available for the board and update the same. However, updating BIOS is bit risky, updating wrong one or any power failures while the process is on might brick your board.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I'll download fresh copy of windows 10 and try again. People who I've talked are saying it's probably SSD issue so going to service center if they can replace else will buy new HD.

I've tried with 2 pendrives and then purchased a new one just to try again with no luck
Next, trying to disable xmp profile and install using default values

P.S trying to install windows 10 Pro

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Recently I've upgraded my PC and bought
Gigabyte b550m DS3H to pair with R5 3500, Along with xpg 2x 8gb 3200Mhz kit. Now, when installing windows it get stuck and crash. It reaches installation process of around 15% ~ 30% though.
I can't see any error message but once there was an error that says your pc ran into trouble and needs to restart. We are collecting some info and restart it for you.

I am using crucial 250gb SSD to install windows and even tried other hard disk (wd 4tb purple) but got same error (around 15% progress).

Please help, I am running out of options at this point in time and this is my work PC so losing money and reputation at job.

Same thing happened to me last week with my brand new Asrock B550 Mobo as it was restarting itself several times so updated my bios to the next bios version and now it is stable and no BSODS at all. Even its taking XMP profile now before it used to revert back to 2133mhz only to boot to Windows.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I'll download fresh copy of windows 10 and try again. People who I've talked are saying it's probably SSD issue so going to service center if they can replace else will buy new HD.

I've tried with 2 pendrives and then purchased a new one just to try again with no luck
Next, trying to disable xmp profile and install using default values

P.S trying to install windows 10 Pro

No its not the SSD issue.
Try doing a fresh install of Windows once after you update the Bios to the next version or to the lastest version available in the mobos website.
Check the mobos bios versions specs once below:
*i.imgur.com/zUolKzR.png
Improve memory compatability or stability etc
These are rectified in the later versions of the Mobos usually.

As for me my Mobo which is Asrock B550 did the same BSODs and crashes every 15mins while into Windows and did not support anything higher than 2666Mhz and would revert back to 2133mhz to boot into Windows.
So browsed several sites for finding similar problems where one said to update to the next version of bios which helped him rectify his problem and I did and now my Mobo is rock stable.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I tried all sorts of things yesterday.
- Updated BIOS to latest version
- bought new Seagate hard disk to try installing OS (gave SSD for RMA)
- now I have new RAM, motherboard, hard disk, sata cable, even pendrive (6month old processor)

Contracted a local service guys to try there luck.
He and I tried these steps
- tried with single stick of RAM
- tried to install windows on different hard disk
- tried installing using mbr and gpt
- tried different versions (I am not aware which ones because he tried way too many and spend around 3hrs without luck) normal, legacy etc....
At 11pm we decided to stop and try again today and when I asked he said that is the rarest issue he faced till date as his job is to install windows and this is what he does on a daily basis.
Right now I have almost all the components brand new, leaving SMPS and graphic card so this doesn't look a hardware issue. It has to be something related to windows.
Though he made some progress and while installing he managed to move pass (installing windows features) and it only got stuck before asking for username.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Yes, going to do it as we speak. Already spent 3 days sono harm in trying new stuff

patkim

Cyborg Agent
What version (1903/1909/2004/20H2) of Windows 10, (not the Edition Pro/Home/Edu) are you trying?

If latest, try one previous version. E.g. 2004. You can use Freeware like Heidoc Windows ISO Downloader to fetch previous Windows versions. Not all Windows 10 are same.

Ask local guy to try with another Graphics card, may be low end.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I tried with 1909 but the local guy said he used latest version. He is still working on it so will advise to check previous versions

We don't have a gpu else would have tried also ryzen 3500 doesn't have integrated graphics.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Yes tried different RAM sticks

Anyways yesterday after trying for almost all day the tech guy did a workaround and install windows on a different computer using my hard disk and then used that drive onto my PC which worked, so I have a working windows but it's extremely slow (made me remember 512mb ram days, even by that standard it's slow)

I will buy a new GPU and try to install windows again on my SSD when it's back from RMA because I can use my PC but it's too slow to even browse YouTube forget job or any game.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Finally after 5 days I am replying through desktop :D Its slow but manageable for now, hope with new window updates things will become better

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Did you install windows on hdd or ssd? Ofcourse if it is hdd windows would be slow as hell because windows 10 needs ssd

Sent from my RMX2185 using Tapatalk

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
yes installed on Segate surveillance drive and I agree that it will be slow but here we am talking about 2~3 min of boot time. Click a browser and wait for 30~40 sec to open

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
yes installed on Segate surveillance drive and I agree that it will be slow but here we am talking about 2~3 min of boot time. Click a browser and wait for 30~40 sec to open

That's normal with HDDs esp. the browser thing. I have win. 10 tab with a celeron processor which boots faster than a Ryzen 5 pc just because that tab has SSD and PC has HDD.

HDD seriously bottlenecks PC.

chetansha

In the zone
And ryzen wont allow to install windows 7. Try it if it installs then after installation of W7, upgrade to win 10.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom