Can't install windows after upgrading PC parts

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
@chetansha The tech guy was able to install Windows 7 so we had hopes that it should be able to install W10
@RumbaMon19 I can only confirm when my HD is back from RMA though I have another Gigabyte SSD lying with me that needs RMA but I am afraid if my data can be compromised so not taking risk of RMA even though the drive is in warranty.

yes installed on Seagate surveillance drive and I agree that it will be slow but here we am talking about 2~3 min of boot time. Click a browser and wait for 30~40 sec to open
Seriously?

Get a SSD first. If I'm not wrong, those surveillance drives aren't fast among HDDs. Also I was recently troubleshooting a friend's old laptop, I tried Win 8.1, Win10 1509 & Win10 20H2 & Win10 20H2 was laggy on the HDD whereas other two OS were much smoother.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^^ Yupp, Surveillence are made for 24/7 service and With High writing speed in mind, so as to accommodate video writing, which is again slow. So Windows will be more laggy in them.

I can only confirm when my HD is back from RMA though I have another Gigabyte SSD lying with me that needs RMA but I am afraid if my data can be compromised so not taking risk of RMA even though the drive is in warranty.

You are worried about your data being misused or it getting lost?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Yes, will have to wait for RMA to get my SSD.
Regarding other SSD i am worried about personal and company data being leaked, if yes I will lose my job so don't want to risk for just 1500₹ drive

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Yes, will have to wait for RMA to get my SSD.
Regarding other SSD i am worried about personal and company data being leaked, if yes I will lose my job so don't want to risk for just 1500₹ drive

What is the problem with drive? Drive is corrupt or is the there some other Issue?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Drive is corrupt with I/O error. I tried several things before giving up in June-July last year.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have not tried these already do try :

1. Install windows without discrete gpu.
2. Use only one storage drive while installing windows ie disconnect every other drive.
3. Try different sata ports.
4. While installing try usb 2.0 port which is on the motherboard back panel.
5. Make sure HDD has no bad sector
6. Trying with different PSU if possible.
7. Try installing with only keyboard if possible a PS2

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
1. Install windows without discrete gpu.
2. Use only one storage drive while installing windows ie disconnect every other drive.
3. Try different sata ports.
4. While installing try usb 2.0 port which is on the motherboard back panel.
5. Make sure HDD has no bad sector
6. Trying with different PSU if possible.
7. Try installing with only keyboard if possible a PS2
1. not possible because or ryzen 3500
2. Always use this method
3. Tried, even changed SATA cables
4. tried both 2.0 and 3.0 ports (also used 2.0/3.0 pendrives)
5. 100% sure of that since I bought a new drive also tried other HD and an SSD
6. I do have a PSU but haven't tried (might give a try)
7. I tried with usb KB and Mouse

Right now SSD is in RMA and PC is running extremely slow, I am thinking to buy M2 SSD to give it a try with pci 4.0. Any recommendations for 250gb?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Thanks, I had the same feeling maybe in coming months or an year these will become VFM but for now Gen 3 makes much more sense

Willjoe

Broken In
Here are some things you can try to fix upgrade and installation errors:
Remove external hardware. Unplug any nonessential hardware devices.
Update Windows.
Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
Uninstall nonessential software.
Free up disk space.

Regards,
Will

Top Bottom