Can't hear audio from Bluetooth speaker when I set its built-in microphone as mic in Zoom

srdigit16

In the zone
My office is using zoom for communication work as I'm a remote developer. My laptop speakers are not loud enough, so I would like to use a Bluetooth speaker so that I don't need to wear a headset all the time to hear when someone calls me in zoom.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

BT standard has issues on computers. So for my OP bullet neckband, when I use mic, the audio turns mono. IMO use laptop's mic.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
BT standard has issues on computers. So for my OP bullet neckband, when I use mic, the audio turns mono. IMO use laptop's mic.
I'm using an external monitor, mouse and keyboard & the laptop is kept behind the monitor, so it's mic is a little farther than usual.

Are there wired speakers (rechargable or USB or AC powered) with a mic which can be connected to the headphone jack of the laptop?

I'm using an external monitor, mouse and keyboard & the laptop is kept behind the monitor, so it's mic is a little farther than usual.

Are there wired speakers (rechargable or USB or AC powered) with a mic which can be connected to the headphone jack of the laptop?

Get a headphone with a mic or buy a dedicated wired mic (use splitter or USB DAC if 3.5mm jack is combined for mic & speakers).

amazon.in/Maono-AU-400-Lavalier-Microphone-Black/dp/B07JF9B592

amazon.in/Dyazo-Headphone-Earphone-Playstation-Notebooks/dp/B09BCKVJKY

amazon.in/Ant-Esports-Gaming-Headset-Channeld/dp/B07MZY8GFV

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
There are many profiles on which BT audio.works..

When using headphones(selecting headphone from the drop down menu above volume slider in windows) it sends Stereo and high. Quality audio.

But when you have to use Headset i.e. use Mic of BT Device with speaker of BT Device, due to bandwidth restrictions, the audio will transfer at lower bitrate and mono mode. Also the mic quality won't be good..

Best option is to use select headphones from volume slider, select computer default or headphones in zoom output drop-down
And select In-Built microphone(mostly by the name of soundcard your laptop has, like realtek) instead of using Headset option.

Top Bottom