Can't add money in Paytm- SBI Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

Trying to add money in a cousins wallet. But SBI is not in the internet banking list, if we select to pay via card it never redirects to the payment gateway page and hence no otp is received. Any news why SBI is not allowing it or vice versa?
P.S. Paytm's bank account i.e. their payment gateway is by Kotak Mahindra bank.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe SBI stopped wallet funding via their debit/CC card long time ago & even their internet banking has stopped this type of payment(though not sure about this).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strange,I also remember seeing missing SBI option from list of banks for payment of some wallets a few months back(though I only used internet banking mode). Maybe DC is allowed but not internet banking but then it too is not working for @billubakra .

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
SBI ( in all probability ) stopped transfer to paytm because they wanted to promote their own 'buddy' app. Sucks, I know.
DC (debit Card) should work IMO, because its possible SBI is not in complete control of mastercard card system.

One trick to pay via debit card could be to save your card details in paytm. Just a guess.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes, that's how I was able to add money.
Visa or MasterCard?
No otp coming tried with visa and rupay card of my friend.
Can you add via Internet banking?
SBI ( in all probability ) stopped transfer to paytm because they wanted to promote their own 'buddy' app. Sucks, I know.
DC (debit Card) should work IMO, because its possible SBI is not in complete control of mastercard card system.

One trick to pay via debit card could be to save your card details in paytm. Just a guess.
Yeah that's what the cs said. Tried saving but still no otp.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Maybe you are a privileged customer with a huge bank balance so they can't say no to you ;)
Both cards with which I tried are the simplest ones with the lowest amount debit threshold per day.
It has just the minimum account balance needed to prevent any penalties. :lol:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SBI global visa cards are also one category of cards eligible for activating international transactions through paypal though people say global mastercard works too. @billubakra is your card global?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom