can you digest Mrs. Pratibha Patil as "india's" president?

who do you want as president?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
I know our opinion doesnt make any difference but still,
as very dissappointed on the political [miss]happenings on this issue.

UPA claiming pratibha ji as a valid candidate.
UNPA wanted Dr. Kalam,bt sadly due to the sick politics in our country he opted out of the race.(rightly so,cause a person of his stature doent need to lose on hands of these filthy politicians)

reasons UPA and left gave they don want him as prez were senseless like Pratibha ji can be the first women prez n that Dr. Kalaam is not a political figure and he has no understanding of politics.
were these allegations fair?i mean how can they question a person like Dr kalaam,person becuase of whom India stands where it is today,where it can give its own views,can take its own stand.

what did they mean by "he doesnt know politics"?
that he is an honest man and doesnt qualify for being the president? that only criminals n the likes can be politicians(may be right)?that they need a mere puppet in thier hands?
they dishounered him by questioning his integrity saying is it a democratic responsible behaviour that he said he will only contest is he is given assurance of a win?

isnt this signs of a secret handshake b/w congress n left, n the next vice prez is going to be from left?

im not against women candidate or women,bt with all due respect,is she fit enough to be?i mean no one knows who she is.now dont argue here.i am very much into news.
we all know in metro's like delhi too many people dont know important who's who?so will they ever get to know she is the president in her tenure @least?
how will she represent india when she goes abroad on official visits?

if these things dont matter,our mom's could also have been president of our country

share what you all think.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i agree....

to this day and till the end i will support dr.a.p.j.abdul kalam....i'm his fan :) i wudn't want some xyz to be the first citizen of india. too bad we can't elect our prez :(

prasad_den

Padawan
reasons UPA and left gave they don want him as prez were senseless like Pratibha ji can be the first women prez n that Dr. Kalaam is not a political figure and he has no understanding of politics.
were these allegations fair?i mean how can they question a person like Dr kalaam,person becuase of whom India stands where it is today,where it can give its own views,can take its own stand.

Kalam and other worthy people like Seshan were rejected 'coz the polticians want a puppet at the Raisina Hill, which they won't be.. Kalam rejected the Office of PRofit bill rightly, and that has hurt the Congress sentiments..
About Mrs.Patil, she was chosen only after several male congressmen were rejected by the left and others.. If the Congress's true intention was empowerment of women, then they should have nominated her in the first place, instead of she being the last choice... Petty political games, these people play.. Mrs Patil will most probably end up being a puppet... :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Politics and Scientific Fields are like opposite poles..... interestingly and unfortunately they defy the law: Opposites attract!!!! :( :(

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Heck, even thinking about her makes me look like blackpearl's avatar!

Yech! Yech! Yech-Yech-Yech-Yech-Yech!!! <makes a face>

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Dr APJ Abdul Kalaam my first and last choice .... but the only reason why he's not being elected again is because we the 'public' like to cry about stuff instead of using our right to vote and choose sensible people who might think beyond politics and choose the right person.

But then when it comes to choice the options are bad / worst no good there :(

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
AshishSharma said:
Dr APJ Abdul Kalaam my first and last choice .... but the only reason why he's not being elected again is because we the 'public' like to cry about stuff instead of using our right to vote and choose sensible people who might think beyond politics and choose the right person.

i agree....
those who dont care have no right to cry...

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I want APJ Abdul Kalam as president.Look at Musharaf how active he is.We need active president not like Pratibha Patil.This is a joke.:mad:

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Kalam has not one qualification , that he is not Puppet in hand of Madame Sonia
Gandhi .Just like what like Tainted Mrs Pratibha Patil is ......

Last edited:

dd_wingrider

In the zone
ssdivisiongermany1933 said:

+1

yesh1683

In the zone
If Mis Prathiba Patil becomes president how she will be called in hindhi and other languages

President=Rashtrapathi
[pathi=male (even president name itself male gender)]

Then how should we call Rashtrapathi:confused: or ??????

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Everyone knows that UPA wants their rubber stamp as President, so that the person will not be able to make independent decisions. Manmohan Singh, despite being great man and all is nothing more than Sonia's puppet. I suspect that Mrs. Patil may become her handmaiden.

What will we have as net result? Sonia Madam will become a Super President along with the fact that she already is Super Prime Minister.

On a lighter note - Hai to Sonia bhi insaan hi, itna load mat dalo uspar, mental breakdown hone ka khatra ho jayega.

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
prasad_den said:
Kalam and other worthy people like Seshan were rejected 'coz the polticians want a puppet at the Raisina Hill, which they won't be.. Kalam rejected the Office of PRofit bill rightly, and that has hurt the Congress sentiments...........

.................Petty political games, these people play.. Mrs Patil will most probably end up being a puppet... :(

Hear, Hear!
+1

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
None of them

APJ is scientist not a politician. Hard to believe, but we don't need a scientist to run the country, we need a politician. Now APJ is indeed an idol & superb personality, but he is not a politician. Running a country is not like working in a lab.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
None of them

APJ is scientist not a politician. Hard to believe, but we don't need a scientist to run the country, we need a politician. Now APJ is indeed an idol & superb personality, but he is not a politician. Running a country is not like working in a lab.
bt he will be far more better den d corrupt ones

offtopic: so u r back it seems:-D

karnivore

in your face..
First, given a choice, the white elephant called "The President" should be done away with, and so be the case with "The Governors".

Now, since that is not going to happen anytime soon, and we must have a president, then seeing the alternatives around, APJ would have been a better choice. Not because he is honest, learned etc. etc. but simply because there is no other alternative.

As with Mrs Patel, she represents all that is wrong in Indian politics. First woman president, my foot.

I would disagree with gx_saurav, in that, president doesn't run our country. In any case his is a position of a rubber stamp. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom