Can I Install Windows 10 on Lenovo G500S?

imnasir

Broken In
Hello Eveybody..

Can anybody tell me how to install windows 10 on lenovo G-500S laptop without any problem. The official lenovo site says windows 10 is not supported on G-500S. I had my RAM upgraded to 4GB when i purchased the laptop.

Thanks

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

- - - Updated - - -

*windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Could be that Lenovo does not have drivers for Windows 10. I would suggest a dual boot and checking whether your laptop can actually manage to scavenge all necessary drivers for Windows 10.

Last edited:
OP
I

imnasir

Broken In
Could be that Lenovo does not have for Windows 10. I would suggest a dual boot and checking whether your laptop can actually manage to scavenge all necessary drivers for Windows 10.

How about restoring from backup in dual boot, after installing 10. Will that work? I read somewhere that restoring from backup will install drivers as well.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I am not sure it works that way. By using dual boot, all you need to spare is some free space ( a drive to be exact ). Once you have dual boot, boot using Windows 10 see if you can get necessary drivers to get it working. If you can, stay with it and keep or delete Windows 7 as per you choice.

OP
I

imnasir

Broken In
I am not sure it works that way. By using dual boot, all you need to spare is some free space ( a drive to be exact ). Once you have dual boot, boot using Windows 10 see if you can get necessary drivers to get it working. If you can, stay with it and keep or delete Windows 7 as per you choice.

I tried the dual boot option, but while installing it said it cant install as i need a GPT disk..What to do now?
I had installed the same windows 10 copy on my old desktop without any problem.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
If you convert the disk to GPT, you will loose the present partitions. The only option is to take backup of data, convert disk to GPT and try installing Windows 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Refer this: *technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725671.aspx

OP
I

imnasir

Broken In
If you convert the disk to GPT, you will loose the present partitions. The only option is to take backup of data, convert disk to GPT and try installing Windows 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Refer this: *technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725671.aspx

Do i have to convert the entire disk into GPT or i can convert only the partition on which i want to install windows 10?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Are you sure that Windows 10 needs GPT. I guess it will run on MBR as well.
Check these:

Install Windows 10 TP 64bit on a GPT Partition? - Microsoft Community

*msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn640535(v=vs.85).aspx#gpt_faq_whats_wrong

Top Bottom