Can I get Good Lappy For 25k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I want to shift from Desktop to laptop.
So I am thinking to sell my Desktop pc and buy new lappy.

Config. for lappy

Hdd may be any size 20/40/60 GB
RAm possibley 512 DDr2
Screen-any size 10.4/14/15"

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
ACER has one in this range

Model No: TM 2403NWXCi
Platform: Intel Celeron-M Processor 370 (1.5 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 400 MHz FSB)/ Intel 910GML Chipset.
RAM: 256 MB DDR2 400 RAM
HDD: 40 GB
Optical Drive: DVD-Rom/CD-RW Combo Drive
Display: 14.1" Wide Screen XGA TFT w/1280 x 800 resolution
Graphics: Intel GMA900
Other Features: Ethernet / Integrated 802.11b/g Wireless LAN/ 56K Fax-Modem/ 3 USB Ports
Weight: 2.38 KG
Battery: 6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery
O.S.: Linux
Warranty: 1-Year Global Warranty

Price: Rs. 27,999 on june 2006 dont know current price

u can try Esys laptops also : *www.esys.in/

Sourabh

Laptoping
Check out the Compaq Presario V6406TU in the nearest HP outlet at your place. It's fairly new and capable laptop. Most budget laptops still come with 256MB RAM, but this one sports 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD and a DVD Burner. You can even call HP's toll free number and enquire about the nearest dealer. Price is around 27k.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
plz avoid the celeron m proc. u can get at least a pentium m proc. that celeron sucks bigtime!!! couple that wid 915 chipset and the rest same. i think u can find a laptop wid this config for around that rate.

Sourabh

Laptoping
The V6406TU features the latest Celeron M 520 processor. These Celerons have come a long way. The Celeron M 520 for example, tough single core, is based on 65 nm fabrication. It's based on the Merom core similar to the second-generation Core 2 Duo processors. With 1MB L2 cache, 64-bit capability and 533MHz FSB, they are a lot better than the outdated Pentium Ms. Moreover, the new Celeron notebooks like V6406TU also feature GMA950 graphics - which is more or less standard and usually found in 35-40k laptops.

So, I feel V6406TU is a very nice option. What other alternative do you have in a 25-27k budget? Most other laptops from Acer, other Compaqs and likes will only feature some previous generation Celeron 3xx or single core Turions.

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
where can i get Review of Compaq Presario V6406TU.

one more thing is there any small screen(10.4") lappy in 25k?

Last edited:
OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
okay i hav decided to increase the budget to 30 to 32K
So is there any other option other than Compaq Presario V6406TU.

well i found out difficult to get dual core processor in this budget.Do u hav any idea?

how is compaq brand? i mean how is customer care service?
Also how is the battery back up of compaq Presario?

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I recommend this to you: Compaq Presario V3424AU Price: Rs 32000

Product Information:
*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...123071-1123071-1123071-80399812-80457300.html

As you see from the product information, this is great for a value laptop !!!

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
i got bored of desktop.
i want it for programing in java .net work,wireless connectivity,
to connect some external devices such as PLC and at last if possible for some gaming.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ dont worry u can play some wonderful games like :)

Diablo 1 and 2 and expansion
Nox
Warcraft 3
Age Of Empires 2
Quake 3
IGI 1 and possibly IGI 2 Covert Strike !
Max Payne
Hitman
Solder Of Fortune 1 and 2 !

About some good new games released in 2002 and 2003 i dont know...try to find out...those days 256 MB RAM was like the min limits....beyond mid 2003 nd 2004 enter the 512 MB RAM and GFX MUST ERA ! and 2005 was 1 Gb( i guess so ) and 2007 2 GB RAM !!

Last edited:
OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
^^ dont worry u can play some wonderful games like :smile:

Diablo 1 and 2 and expansion
Nox
Warcraft 3
Age Of Empires 2
Quake 3
IGI 1 and possibly IGI 2 Covert Strike !
Max Payne
Hitman
Solder Of Fortune 1 and 2 !

Thanx for the gaming list

Can u suggest me good lappy of abt 30k:?:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ dude i was not joking....i was serious man !! i love those games really they made my high school life !! i hv some of them still today...will play them when i get free time in holidays !!

ok sorry for 30k but this is cool according to me

DellTM VostroTM 1000
AMD TurionTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile technology TL-56
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic
15.4" Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display
512MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM
80GB1 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

Price is 34k

ok this lappy will play u games frm 2003 to 2004 end.....i dont know many titles from 2003 coz i stopped gaming then

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
@aks_win
I know it wasn't a joke.

anyways thanx again for ur suggestion.

well as i see ur hardcore gamer,can u tell me please that which onboard Graphics r better Intel,ATI,or Nvidia for gaming.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ no yaar as i mentioned i stopped gaming back in 2003 i dont know more abt it now

onboard Gfx i dunno which is better...but almost all the same ! nvidia ati being better then Intel !
but in a COMP of 256 MB RAM u can play all the games that i have mentioned !!
u can ask ppl in gamerz section abt what games u can play @ 256 MB RAM and 512 too !!

i know my 1 of my friend plays NFS MW on 512 MB RAM PC with some good onboard video..that is really great..i dont know but how.....!!

512 MB RAM and an ati or nvidia onboard u can eailsy play NFS U2 !! tht's all i know !
also unreal tournament 2004 and also Unreal 2 which hv some really nice graphics !!( i played on my frnds comp recently )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom