Can Airtel ZTE router's RJ11 VOIP output be configured to act like normal RJ45 LAN outputs? Also how to know the CAT of a RJ11?

Frigg

Right off the assembly line
Seeing that Airtel blocks bridge and route modes over wireless on their F670LV9.0 router but not on ethernet by firmware, I am thinking if I can use the RJ11 wiring in my apartment walls and attach an old ADSL router as wired repeater on the opposite end of the flat.
So I need to know:
1. If the RJ11 can be configured in that router to provide normal unrestricted internet.
2. If the RJ11 socket on the walls can be checked of the CAT version and for continuity before buying things for it.
3. If above are true, whether the internet from this RJ11 port will be recognizable by any ADSL router.
Prior to this I had once tried to use phone tethering into a USB to RJ45 adapter as a WAN input for another router, and learnt not all routers are configured to recognize phone tethering as WAN input.

If all fails, I want to remove the ZTE router with some other ONT router if possible. I can't take all this bulshiz of hardlock firmware, unconfigurable DHCP without NOC from Airtel, and finally DNS leaks. Changed DNS at phone, PC, router, and still see airtel IPs on DNS leak test leaks, surely ingrained in the router.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Most likely no.
2. Most likely no.
3. Buy tplink archer C6 & connect it to your airtel router in bridge mode via ethernet. Now you can use another C6 to connect to this C6 over wireless using wds wireless bridge option.

Top Bottom