calling tablet in US

jhingalala

Broken In
Guys..please let me know a good budget calling tablet in US. The only option seems to be Lenovo.
Will galaxy tab 3 or LG G pad with LTE be better than that? Asus was my option but here the calling version costs $400.

If lenovo is yes then which one to choose?The old A3000 or some new ones? their feedback is not good as 3000 though they are feature rich.

I will prefer android and calling is must.Multimedia , entertaintenment ,sim slot and micro sd slot and good cam are my requirement. Will not go to high end unless it is really worthy and chepaer than India.

I dont have credit history so please dont provide info of 2 yr contract. I may not stay that long this time.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Guys..please let me know a good budget calling tablet in US. The only option seems to be Lenovo.
Will galaxy tab 3 or LG G pad with LTE be better than that? Asus was my option but here the calling version costs $400.

If lenovo is yes then which one to choose?The old A3000 or some new ones? their feedback is not good as 3000 though they are feature rich.

I will prefer android and calling is must.Multimedia , entertaintenment ,sim slot and micro sd slot and good cam are my requirement. Will not go to high end unless it is really worthy and chepaer than India.

I dont have credit history so please dont provide info of 2 yr contract. I may not stay that long this time.

samsung is better than lenovo in terms of updates etc but i would recommend getting a moto g + nexus 7 instead because calling tabs are lesser in no and lack alot of quality features in comparison to a phone or a tab
another alternative is the padfone which i havent got any experience with but it looks like a nice concept

OP
J

jhingalala

Broken In
which G pad are you asking about? 7, 8 or 8.3?

7 will do if it has calling. LTE does not mean it call always.

- - - Updated - - -

samsung is better than lenovo in terms of updates etc but i would recommend getting a moto g + nexus 7 instead because calling tabs are lesser in no and lack alot of quality features in comparison to a phone or a tab
another alternative is the padfone which i havent got any experience with but it looks like a nice concept
I agree. But in India we have options. I only need the basic tab functions anyway.some of the lenovo/asus costs more here.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
7 will do if it has calling. LTE does not mean it call always.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. But in India we have options. I only need the basic tab functions anyway.some of the lenovo/asus costs more here.

still a "hybrid" isnt worth it,they are very half baked and have poor battery life and build
i dont thing G pad has phone functions though

OP
J

jhingalala

Broken In
Guys went with your advice and bought a phone. ts for my wife and she preferred Nokia+wp 8.1 over cheap droids. So lumia 635 was my choice and it really works like a charm plus the cam is great which I think must for girls
Now I have the question : Will the AT & T no contract go phone will work in India in future once I return back?They were selling for $99 only and I could not resist myself . Unlocked one costs around $180 which was not an option for me.
Will search for a tablet later.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
depends on the GSM frequencies. give details of the phone in question then only we can tell whether it'll work here or not.

If its the Lumia 635, then it'll work here fine. Only LTE may be a problem here.

OP
J

jhingalala

Broken In
depends on the GSM frequencies. give details of the phone in question then only we can tell whether it'll work here or not.

If its the Lumia 635, then it'll work here fine. Only LTE may be a problem here.

Yes.. Its 635 only and I understand LTE will not work. My concern was regarding the carrier lock of AT&T as its a go-phone ( No contract pre paid phone)!!

OP
J

jhingalala

Broken In
Just a thot: If I downgrade the screen area , I will get Z Ultra in that price range from amazon US without any warranty($330). Looks a great deal! love the art of Xperias. :)

Top Bottom