Buzzing(kind of electical) sound comes out of from the speaker when i shut down the PC

Pinaki Bhar

Right off the assembly line
Buzzing(kind of electrical) sound comes out of from the speaker when i shut down the PC:

Is this a serious issue, I have bought this PC 1 year back and this problem is occurring from last 2 months, My PC configuration is:

CPU : AMD FX-8350

MotherBoard : MSI 970A-G43

HDD : Seagate 2TB

Ram : Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3

Cabinet : Antec X1 TP

SMPS : CORSAIR VS550

Graphics Card : MSI GTX 750Ti 2gb Twin Frozr

Speaker : Creative SBS A300

I am not using any UPS(please suggest should i use it, if yes please help me to choose one)

I couldn't identified the issue, if any part needs to be replaced please help, waiting for suggestions.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You may need to isolate if this is software or hardware issue. try running some latest Live Linux distro that can detect and run your onboard sound. Try shutting down from linux do you hear similar buzz?
Buzz or hiss would mean there's unwanted electrical signal generated at Line-Out that is falling in the range or audible frequencies.
Disable the audio device or de-install drivers. You have not mentioned OS.
When there's no driver support for audio do you still hear such a buzz when shutting it down, if yes it might be something to do with the on-board hardware or any other component of the motherboard or may be the way OS shuts itself down.

One complex check to do is run the system without cabinet. Only mobo, HDD SMPS and speakers on preferably flat wooden surface (if you can get the anti static wrapper of mobo to keep the board on it, would be great). This is just to eliminate if there's any part of the mobo making unintended contact with any other metallic surface anywhere.

Since this occurs at shut down it might have to do something with the way OS actually shuts down and gracefully unloads various apps/drivers or anything related to shutdown. This process might be generating noise. Unfortunately I am not Windows or Linux internal expert!

If possible take your system to another mains socket. Are you using any surge protectors and extension boxes between mains and PC? If yes remove them and try running only on direct mains.

One rare possibility could be that somehow it's being generated in the external speaker circuit somehow. Is it same situation when you plug in your headphones into the Line-Out?

Top Bottom