Buying Notebook: Mac Air or Windows

Gauravchi

Journeyman
What is your budget? (INR or USD)
- it's flexible. 45k - 60k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
- Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
- Creating reports (PowerPoint, Word, and excel)
- Heavy Internet surfing
- Movies

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
- nothing specific. But minimum it should be i5 with 8 GB ram to ensure that it will continue smooth functioning atleast for five years (specific comments are welcome here)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Apple, HP
b. Dislike: HCL

6) Anything else you would like to say?
- Screen resolution: Full HD
- Battery back up: over five hours
- Smooth after sales service
- Sleek and lightweight

I am considering MAC Air as it fulfils most of my requirements. But a big concern for me is the differences between office suite of MAC and the MS. Buying Office for MAC seems expensive option.
Options other than Mac are also welcome.

Thanks for support.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Macbook air hasn't been updated in two years, so you'll be buying a two year old EOL product having 2 gen old proccy with soldered ram and half assed 900p screen

XPS 13 9360 on the other hand has an almost bezel-less 13.3" FHD screen in a 11" body and 7th gen proccys (7100U, 7200U, 7500U).

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Saiyangoku: what's the pricend point for Dell xps you are mentioning?
For MAC, I know that only upgrade they made recently was increasing the RAM. But is it really that inferior? And one problem, in case I would go for Windows, I would like to keep my budget at the lower side, that is 45k. As of Mac, I was getting one for approx 60k with all the possible discounts I guess.

Gamer04

Broken In
i'd suggest go for macbook 12" 2015 model, available right now in the market for around 80k. macbook air is good too though it's a bit old. for anything other than PC gaming macbook is what i'd suggest..

OP
G

Gauravchi

Journeyman
gamer04: I cannot extend my budget to 80k. And for Air, yes that's the concern as it's a bit old and it's kind of unjustified to spend this much of money for something which might be outdated in sometime. And Pro is not that lighter and sleek. ahhh.. confused.

Gamer04

Broken In
To be honest you'll never find mac or ios users worrying about hardware, apple takes care of that part. your laptop will stay in the game till it's getting latest mac OS update. and apple makes it's devices in such a way that they don't start to hang as they get old. there stays only two choices- compatible with latest mac OS update or no compatibility. and as far as i know macOS Sierra is compatible with 2011 model macbooks too so you won't be at loss whatver model you buy. Go ahead for a macbook air. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom