Buying Nexus 5 is worth now?

A

amit.tiger12

Actually my friend want to buy nexus 5 ;)
And he asked me is it worth buy now?
I am not posting according to Questionnaire.
Because I just want to ask that buying an yearly old device is worth buying? Or should I choose another? (As per friend.)

- - - Updated - - -

My brother also wants same mobile as my nexus 5.

1. Budget?
Nexus 5 32GB budget : Google play 33k rs
2. Display type and size?
Display same size 5". + or - some inches, if it gives similar grips like nexus 5
3. Dual sim?
Yes if available. Give me both options single and dual.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
No brand choice
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
8 mp and more with flash, front for selfie (its okay if not that good : both front and back)
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android but latest, I think only nexus and some moto has lollipop.
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G needed. 3G and 2G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet, Gaming (Net), all, camera (last use.)
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, oneplus one (but its available through invitation),
etc etc..
10. Any other info that you want to share
Stock android and android updates.

Similar points as nexus 5?
is there any smartphone can replace nexus 5 in all specs with same price point or below its price?
And nexus 5 still worth to buy?

beingGamer

In the zone
This is just my opinion-
If that costs 33k then you should consider LG G2 if your friend is not concerned about quick android updates.
As a G2 owner I can surely say it is better then N5.
I bought G2 for 34k
you can try comparing both of these on gsm arena if you want.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Stock Android and Android updates are what you want right? Then only options are Nexus 5, 6 and Moto X 2014.

For a vanilla Android lover, Nexus is always worth it. But to be quite honest at ₹33k there is point in buying it. You will get 5.0 and faster updates, but that's all there is about the phone, keeping the software aside it isn't a top class phone, far from it.

I have seen Nexus 5 being sold at Erodov and elsewhere at 26-27k (new, imported), that price is acceptable, not 33k.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

This is just my opinion-
If that costs 33k then you should consider LG G2 if your friend is not concerned about quick android updates.
As a G2 owner I can surely say it is better then N5.
I bought G2 for 34k
you can try comparing both of these on gsmarena if you want.

He is concern with quick updates and Stock UI. I am using nexus 5 for 8 months and I can say it runs all apps games and stock UI feels much better. Because he never experienced android device earlier, and I gave him my device for 1 week to experience android.
I suggested him LG G2 but he did not like the UI, and he is not much into that to customize it or installing rom etc.

LG G2 vs Google Nexus 5 - Mobile Phones Specs Comparison

And my brother also want to buy Nexus 5 only, I gave him mine. And I need new phone. I still think to buy nexus 5 again. Price are dropped on some store around 27K for 32 GB. On play store stocks are now available but available at old price 32,999

If I buy from play store will I get new one (hardware refresh)?

Considering price point 27K, no phone offers what nexus 5. And about one plus one it is still invite based. I don't know why they do this.
What you think?
Mobile for my friend he not used android, which one he should buy budget 27k(nexus 5 budget)?
And mobile for me, I used nexus 5 for 8 months, and want to use more, budget 27K(nexus 5 budget)?
We will buy mobiles in in Xmas.

- - - Updated - - -

You should have a look at the moto x 2014 edition

yes its good. But my problem with that it does not feel like nexus 5 shape. Its slippery, camera reviews are not that good. If I am shifting from nexus 5 to moto x at least camera should be good.
And problem of mine is I wanted to buy only nexus, but its worth or not, I cannot find out. Because when nexus 5 released some friends still buying nexus 4 and said its still good budget phone. So is it similar for nexus 5?
What you think?

My friend is concern with quick updates and Stock UI. I am using nexus 5 for 8 months and I can say it runs all apps games and stock UI feels much better. Because he never experienced android device earlier, and I gave him my device for 1 week to experience android.
And my brother also want to buy Nexus 5 only, I gave him mine. And I need new phone. I still think to buy nexus 5 again.
Mobile for my friend, he not used android, which one he should buy budget 27k (nexus 5 budget)?
And mobile for me, I used nexus 5 for 8 months, and want to use more, budget 27K (nexus 5 budget)?
We will buy mobiles in in Xmas.

+1 to LG G2, Moto X (2014) and Oneplus One

Please read above.

No point in getting Nexus 5 Since One plus one 64GB version is launched for 21k.

Yes. No point in getting nexus 5. But problem is that one plus one available through invites only. If you have luck, you will get. I tried and I did not get. And now news are coming they are giving refurbished models.

You should also read above post.

- - - Updated - - -

Invite!

It was and it is!

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

What you think about switching to other android mobiles after using nexus 5?

- - - Updated - - -

Nexus 5 worth the price any time. But try to get 1+1 if you can.

Much appreciated reply.
I am trying one plus one also, these are all marketing strategies invites and all, like xiaomi, one plus one.
Actually phones are great but not available anytime. :(

you can also read my above post.

- - - Updated - - -

Stock Android and Android updates are what you want right? Then only options are Nexus 5, 6 and Moto X 2014.

For a vanilla Android lover, Nexus is always worth it. But to be quite honest at ₹33k there is point in buying it. You will get 5.0 and faster updates, but that's all there is about the phone, keeping the software aside it isn't a top class phone, far from it.

I have seen Nexus 5 being sold at Erodov and elsewhere at 26-27k (new, imported), that price is acceptable, not 33k.

Yes, I know that is not a top class phone. But I used it for 7-8 months and did not find any feature I need more. Even though some feature I have not used like wireless charging. In reality we never use all features in phone. We try it, but not for every day use.

Nexus 5 32 GB is available at 27k on amazon, snapdeal, flipkart.
Snapdeal sold nexus 5 around 21k for 16 gb, the best deal I saw.
May be in xmas, we can see some great deals?

- - - Updated - - -

I think, I replied everyone.

I think, I am very much into Google ecosystem. So I have to go for nexus 5 only.
You can suggest me also some good choices but price should be same as nexus 5 32 GB.

And for my friend, who never used android, tried my nexus 5 for a week. Suggest him also.?

Xmas coming. Thanks for all your help.

Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, One Plus One, LG G2. :) Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

amit.tiger12

ok...

friend decided nexus 5, but did not purchased it... little confused..

brother dropped idea for buying mobile for now.. using second hand (cousin's honor holly..)

close the thread now...

Top Bottom