buying locked iphone 5

rohit18rs

Journeyman
Hi guyzz,

I want to purchase a locked iPhone 5 or 5s. Just wanted to know about some good and trustworthy sites to purchase it from and just wanna know if it can be unlocked at home also or do i need to give it to a technician

raksrules

Youngling
Why do you want to buy locked piece ? Are you expecting it to get it cheap ? IMEI Unlocking iPhones has become very expensive now so i would suggest buying an unlocked device.

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
yes, i want it a little cheap.. I have a known person who can unlock it for me without charges. Please any one knows and provide me link where I can buy it frm

iPlay

Journeyman
yes, i want it a little cheap.. I have a known person who can unlock it for me without charges. Please any one knows and provide me link where I can buy it frm

No1 can unlock iphone for FREE. except at&t which can be done with few telephonic trick by US at&t current user.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy any iphone 5 SPRINT locked and get r-sim 9 pro of 500rs to unlock ur device

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
No1 can unlock iphone for FREE. except at&t which can be done with few telephonic trick by US at&t current user.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy any iphone 5 SPRINT locked and get r-sim 9 pro of 500rs to unlock ur device

Thank you for the information. Somebody told me that Verizon locked iphone are better and SPRINT are harder to unlock. Is that true ?????? Also, please provide me a link if possible

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, got this. If i purchase it for verizon, can it be unlocked

- - - Updated - - -

*www.bestbuy.com/site/iphone-5s-16g...d$pcmcat305200050000&cp=1&lp=1&contract_desc=

raksrules

Youngling
I believe verizon iPhone 5 has its GSM part already unlocked so you do not need to specially unlock it, just put your SIM and it works.
Also I hope you are not expecting to pay like 199$ for the phone because that is contract price and you cannot just pay 199$ and buy the phone and such.

OP
R

rohit18rs

Journeyman
I believe verizon iPhone 5 has its GSM part already unlocked so you do not need to specially unlock it, just put your SIM and it works.
Also I hope you are not expecting to pay like 199$ for the phone because that is contract price and you cannot just pay 199$ and buy the phone and such.

Yes, i can get the phone from bestbuy at this price and then ship the phone to delhi with international shipping.
Isn't that fine ?????

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ you can't.

You'll require to sign a contract with the network provider which you can't just break it off by changing sim cards.

raksrules

Youngling
Yes, i can get the phone from bestbuy at this price and then ship the phone to delhi with international shipping.
Isn't that fine ?????

Ok first thing, never ever pay attention to those prices which say FREE, 99$, 199$ and such. You cannot buy a phone for this price unless you are willing to sign a contract. You can only buy full price phones or officially factory unlocked phones which means 649$ + Taxes and such.
With contract it works like this..

<Insert company name here> Locked iPhone 5S at say 149$ (from your betsbuy link)
You have to sign a 2 year contract with them which requires SSN - Social security number, which you will have only if you are either US citizen or someone working in US (Like H1 L1 etc visa holders). No one will give you his/her SSN to you ever, if they do they are the biggest dumb people on planet.
Activation Fee -around 35$
You will be put in a plan which will cost around say 50$ per month

So the phone costs you around

149$ Initial fee
50$ per month as plan charged * 24 = 1200 $
Activation: 35$ (may be they make it free)

Total: 1400 $ approx

yeah that is what you will be paying spread in 2 Years time of the contract.

So forget best buy and all, buy either second hand factory unlocked phone on ebay or something or apple store.

Best i would suggest get locally with warranty.

If you break contract (do not want to continue for 2 years), then you need to pay ETF - Early termination fee of around 360$ or so.

iPlay

Journeyman
Verizon 5s are out of the box unlocked. Buy any bad esn verizon 5s from eBay.com, it will cost ~30k + shipping and customs

If u wanna buy Sprint 5s then u have to wait for unlock/turbo-sim.

Top Bottom