Buying from rentamojo much cheaper?

anarchy0x

In the zone
If you go to Samsung Galaxy A7 (Black) on Rent in mumbai | RentoMojo.com & click on Rent vs EMi, you can buy Samsung Galaxy A7 by paying 4477 for 18 months which comes to total Rs 25020. They have listed the market price as Rs 31246 - 34746 but it's actually Rs 23,990 in amazon after a discount.. So you just have to pay about 1k extra but you get a rental period of 18 months & there's also a Free Swap option wherein you can change/upgrade to a better product if you want. I chose this handset only as an example but this seems to be a very good deal or is it too good to be true?

However, I checked some reviews of rentamojo & most or many of them were quite negative actually but almost all of them were from people who had bought furniture from them, & not mobiles.
Rentomojo.com Reviews and Ratings - MouthShut.com

So, I wanted to see what was the opinion of people here about rentomojo when it comes to mobiles etc? & is it actually worth buying from them? Anyone has ever tried?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you go to Samsung Galaxy A7 (Black) on Rent in mumbai | RentoMojo.com & click on Rent vs EMi, you can buy Samsung Galaxy A7 by paying 4477 for 18 months which comes to total Rs 25020. They have listed the market price as Rs 31246 - 34746 but it's actually Rs 23,990 in amazon after a discount.. So you just have to pay about 1k extra but you get a rental period of 18 months & there's also a Free Swap option wherein you can change/upgrade to a better product if you want. I chose this handset only as an example but this seems to be a very good deal or is it too good to be true?

However, I checked some reviews of rentamojo & most or many of them were quite negative actually but almost all of them were from people who had bought furniture from them, & not mobiles.

So, I wanted to see what was the opinion of people here about rentomojo when it comes to mobiles etc? & is it actually worth buying from them? Anyone has ever tried?
Buying any samsung phone except for their flagships is a waste of money.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Nice spam

Also renting phones is the dumbest idea ever.

Even more dumb to reply to a post & topic without actually reading it.
I said " you can buy Samsung Galaxy A7 by paying 4477 for 18 months which comes to total Rs 25020"
And I don't think my post is a spam.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Buying any samsung phone except for their flagships is a waste of money.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hmm I see. Though I did mention there "I chose this handset only as an example ". I'm more trying to analyze the website & their offers & credibility on the basis of that phone. But since you replied, which phones would actually be better?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hmm I see. Though I did mention there "I chose this handset only as an example ". I'm more trying to analyze the website & their offers & credibility on the basis of that phone. But since you replied, which phones would actually be better?
Frankly, I'd stick with Amazon and/or Flipkart only for Xiaomi, Asus and Oneplus phones.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

Even if someone likes to change phone frequently (in 1-2 years), it is better to buy it instead of renting it. Taking your example, the A7 can be sold for atleast 8k-10k after 18 months whereas on other hand, the total rent amount would be absolute dead money.
If rent amount is similar to EMI amount, it makes no sense at all.

Not worth it. I don't understand how is it a good deal? It seems to be a bad deal.

If you are paying something like 20k annually for a 50k+ phone (say S9+) with an upgrade to a latest equivalent phone after every 2 years, maybe it might be a good option for some people. Still, I will personally look for deals & buy it for myself.

Top Bottom