Buying Advice: Laptop around ₹50k-₹70k

thydigit

Broken In
Hello Everyone,
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs. 50,000 - 70,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
For graphic design - Photo editing in photoshop, Lightroom & Illustrator works.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
needed the best within the budget

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Purchase place - Online (eg - flipkart, Amazon) / Local /
Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Last edited:
  • Purchase place - Online (eg - flipkart, Amazon) / Local / Abroad- USA, a friend can buy and bring in two weeks.
Thanks in advance. Cheers.
For 15.6" device with lots of storage:
*www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-5000-...l+inspiron+15&qid=1561558548&s=gateway&sr=8-5

If you want something lighter & can add 2.5" drive on your own:
Inspiron 15 laptop with a narrow border | Dell United States (15")
Inspiron 5480 14-Inch Laptop with Dell Cinema | Dell United States (14")

Recommending Dell because you can transfer the warranty to India. Don't think the i7 of the first option is a lot better. It's barely 10% better than i5, so in real-world usage, zero difference. Inspiron 7000 has better build than 5000, I think the former has metallic lid & palm rest vs plastic of Inspiron 5000 (not 100% sure).

My recommendation, 2nd option, Inspiron 7000.

BTW there will some discounts on 4th of July. I'd say get a laptop with i5 8250U, 8GB RAM & 256GB SSD at least. Ping me here if interested on 4th, I check forum every day.

Last edited:
OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
For 15.6" device with lots of storage:
*www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-5000-...l+inspiron+15&qid=1561558548&s=gateway&sr=8-5
BTW there will some discounts on 4th of July. I'd say get a laptop with i5 8250U, 8GB RAM & 256GB SSD at least. Ping me here if interested on 4th, I check forum every day.
Thank you @anupam_pb . My friend told me he has to buy within next week based on his return dates. I will check again. Do we have better/same specs laptops in India, in this price range? Or buying from US is advised?

Astra

The Shadow
Thank you @anupam_pb . My friend told me he has to buy within next week based on his return dates. I will check again. Do we have better/same specs laptops in India, in this price range? Or buying from US is advised?
That entirely depends on your price point, IMO buying from US will cost you less in comparison with India, considering the suggested Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series with i7-8550U+128GB SSD costs around 50k Rupees, while the same costs around 15k more (65,000) here, which again falls out of your decided budget, buying in US while you can will be a better option.

If he has to buy one now, get one of those, good price for those. On 4th of July, there will be sale on more laptops, so more options.

Buying from the US is far better. as you get more options & its cheaper, like a similar Inspiron 7000 model being sold in India costs 66k (but it has MX150 & 1TB HDD preinstalled) vs 56k for a similar model. The model I suggested lacks the dGPU & HDD, but I feel 256GB SSD might be sufficient. You can always add HDD on your own or with help of a laptop repair guy locally (costs 4k for HDD).

If you want more storage, buy it if you can stretch your budget a bit:
Inspiron 15 laptop with a narrow border | Dell United States

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
@Astra @anupam_pb Due to other reasons, unable to buy the laptop from US as planned earlier. I am looking to buy locally. New suggestions based on the updated questionnaire will be a great help.
  • I can now stretch the budget more as Photo editing in Photoshop is main criteria.
  • Expecting a good battery backup

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Asus Zenbook 13, get an external display for bigger screen size. It goes for as low as 55k on sales, 60k is good for it, for i5, 8GB, 256GB model, should be enough for you. Acer Swift 3 goes at 50k for i5, 8GB, 512GB, maybe even 15" variant, but Zenbook likely has a superior display.

Last edited:
OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
Asus Zenbook 13, get an external display for bigger screen size. It goes for as low as 55k on sales, 60k is good for it, for i5, 8GB, 256GB model, should be enough for you. Acer Swift 3 goes at 50k for i5, 8GB, 512GB, maybe even 15" variant, but Zenbook likely has a superior display.
Thank you for the suggestions.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
Can I please get suggestions with 15", really like Zen and wat if offers but 15" is required. Can stretch budget. Thanks.

Can I please get suggestions with 15", really like Zen and wat if offers but 15" is required. Can stretch budget. Thanks.
Good 14" for 43k: Asus ZenBook Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX430UA-GV307T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.65191 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX430UA-GV307T Thin and Light Laptop Grey Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
Good display as well

15.6" for 44k:
Asus Vivobook 15 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) X512DA-EJ501T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.49999 Price in India - Buy Asus Vivobook 15 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) X512DA-EJ501T Thin and Light Laptop Transparent Silver Online - Asus : Flipkart.com
Just an avg display, not much color accurate.

You will likely miss the sale prices.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
Thanks to both of you. But now I can increase budget till 80k for better specs and can I get some suggestions. I am also looking some models and will share them for your comment. Thanks.

Thanks to both of you. But now I can increase budget till 80k for better specs and can I get some suggestions. I am also looking some models and will share them for your comment. Thanks.
You need a good display, not specs, for Photoshop. The i5 82xxU & R5 3500U are enough in terms of performance. I think Asus Zenbooks have the best display for you under 70k or so, unless they use a different panel for India.
ASUS ZenBook 14 UX433FA (Core i5-8265U, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

90% sRGB is good for you, others will have like 60-70% sRGB coverage.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
You need a good display, not specs, for Photoshop. The i5 82xxU & R5 3500U are enough in terms of performance. I think Asus Zenbooks have the best display for you under 70k or so, unless they use a different panel for India.
ASUS ZenBook 14 UX433FA (Core i5-8265U, SSD, FHD) Laptop Review

90% sRGB is good for you, others will have like 60-70% sRGB coverage.
Oh ok, didnt know about the sRGB coverage. Thank you for the info. I am finalising on Zenbook and let me find a good deal.

OP
T

thydigit

Broken In
The Zenbook 14 mentioned earlier is still going for 43k.
Ok.
Asus ZenBook-UX433FA-A6076T this model has IPS Panel, Intel Core i5-8265U, Touchpad with gestures, +4hrs battery life, a bit smaller-lighter- with a price difference of 29000. Is it worth considering?

Top Bottom