Buying Advice for Ultrabook

arjuns190

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
90k-120k INR
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
lower than 16 inch is preferred

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook
Presentations And study Work ,Entertainment ,Intermediate Gaming (laptop should be able to play new games like watch dogs)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Like -Apple ,Dell,Asus,Hp
Dislike -Samsung,Sony
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?
Full HD Resolution ,Intel i5 or i7 4th Generation
6) Anything else you would like to say?
It should be available easily in the markets
should have nice battery backup
touchscreen is not necessary

I looked up the following features and picked out a few -Apple Macbook Retina Pro 13,Dell Alienware M14x,Dell Xps 12
People Which One Should I Buy suggest a few more i have to buy it by mid july

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
When did Alienware 14 become an ultrabook??? It's freaking 2.8 Kgs... And, the less said about the weight of the g750jm, the better!!!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If you can get Razer Blade from abroad then it is highly recommended especially for college.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ultrabooks and gaming don't usually go hand-in-hand. :|

and if he wants to game why not wait for MSI relaunch or buy a razer blade instead.

PS: don't but dell/alienware when you have much better configs at the same price.

Monk

Journeyman
I have had MPB 2012 non-retina, currently I'm using the rMBP late 2013. Gaming isn't the strongest point of MBP, I've tried playing BF4 (beta) on bootcamp i could barely get decent fps on high and 45-50 at most on low. On that being said older games do work fine.
If you want a laptop thats light and that 'just' works get a Mac. You'll never go back!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I have had MPB 2012 non-retina, currently I'm using the rMBP late 2013. Gaming isn't the strongest point of MBP, I've tried playing BF4 (beta) on bootcamp i could barely get decent fps on high and 45-50 at most on low. On that being said older games do work fine.
If you want a laptop thats light and that 'just' works get a Mac. You'll never go back!

Blade is kind of an upgrade to any mac book pro.
1.Higher resolution screen(3200x1800) than Retina Display. Blade has the world's best 14" display.
2.2nd most powerful graphic card in the planet(GTX 870m).
3.Thinner than macbook pro.
4.Faster and more responsive than mac book pro due to M.2 SSD.
5.Just slightly thicker than mac book air.
6.core i7 quad core.

Only advantage any mac book has over blade is battery life but blade can still do 6 hours.

Monk

Journeyman
Disclaimer: I abhor windows.

It all boils down to personal preference IMO. No matter how 'fast' your machine is, or how jazzy it looks. It won't be able to run OSX. That's the whole point. If you're spending 1.85LKH for a computer and still getting trapped in DLL hells and registry problems, then it's just not worth it.

Talking of which the similarly priced MBP comes with GT 750M which is capable of running *every* game on high that is made for OSX, and there are many, search steam. Other than that, you can always run Windows under bootcamp, but that would be like putting kerosine in a Ferrari.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

It all boils down to personal preference IMO. No matter how 'fast' your machine is, or how jazzy it looks. It won't be able to run OSX. That's the whole point. If you're spending 1.85LKH for a computer and still getting trapped in DLL hells and registry problems, then it's just not worth it.

Talking of which the similarly priced MBP comes with GT 750M which is capable of running *every* game on high that is made for OSX, and there are many, search steam. Other than that, you can always run Windows under bootcamp, but that would be like putting kerosine in a Ferrari.

If you wanna run trashy OSX in a spectacular machine such as Razer Blade, you can always Hackintosh it.
DLL hells and registry problems? :-? Never ever faced such things in my life and I have been using gaming laptops for quite a while now.
GT 750M is nowhere near the might of a GTX 870M, which is 3 times faster. Not many games are released in osx so that's a poor argument that it can run mac osx games on high.

Mac = Ferrari?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
More like Autorickshaw engine+Ferrari body+cost of rolls royace.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Never had any of those since I've been using PC. Spending 1.85 lakh on a Mac which [strike]couldn't run most games[/strike] lacks most AAA releases instead of spending 1 lakh on a machine that does, isn't worth it.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Never had any of those since I've been using PC. Spending 1.85 lakh on a Mac which [strike]couldn't run most games[/strike] lacks most AAA releases instead of spending 1 lakh on a machine that does, isn't worth it.

More like buying a machine that CAN'T run(at ultra)+LACKS most AAA titles for 1.85 lakhs, instead of buying a machine that can max out those games besides being superior to the former in all respects except battery life for 1.3 lakhs, is not worth it.

Top Bottom