Buying advice for Laptop with SSD from USA/Canada

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 50,000 USD 750

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

I am a structural engineer and I run structural programs like AutoCAD, STAAD Pro, ANSYS etc.

I used to be a good gamer. But I have sort of lost that habit. But I would like to have the capability to play games at moderate graphic level

Microsoft Office

Browsing, Watching Movies, Occasional Video editing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Atleast i5 is required

I need a good SSD. PCIe SSD is preferred but not required

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No like for brands

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Purchase place - I am now in Canada and I have relatives in USA. So thinking of buying from these places

PCIe SSD is a nice to have thing but it's not required for most users.

This seems your best bet for that budget:
Acer - Nitro 5 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 256GB Solid State Drive - Shale Black

It has a free 2.5" drive bay with screws & mount. The SSD is PCIe type with great read speeds but not so PCIe write speeds (even 500MBps is fast). An i5 8300H + 1050Ti is the best CPU+GPU combination for the budget.

Last edited:

jsimha

Right off the assembly line
Is this Asus VivoBook S14 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) S410UA-EB666T Thin and Light Laptop (14 inch, Grey, 1.3 kg) a good choice for 51K? I need a slim and light weight laptop with good battery life.

Is this Asus VivoBook S14 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) S410UA-EB666T Thin and Light Laptop (14 inch, Grey, 1.3 kg) a good choice for 51K? I need a slim and light weight laptop with good battery life.
It is a great choice but it will have an average battery life, expect about 4-5 hrs. I don't think you will get something with much better battery life at that budget.

Top Bottom