[Buying Advice] 20k 5/4.7inch android

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=261170]AbhMkh[/MENTION]: And you had to feed the :troll:

and you had to go off topic and use personal attacks
im not sure if you said that for me or saiyangoku(like you have done before),either way,it was uncalled for and stupid imho

Last edited:
OP
E

envyraw

Broken In
I see the thread has gone further but thanks for all your inputs. I have bought mi4 64gb since it is compact and he was sceptical about honour's gaming performance.

Congrats, but why didn't you got Oneplus One instead? :confused:

I already mentioned in OP that size was a dealbreaker here. I already own an OPO even before its India launch. Only if OPO was 4.7/5 inch or had a mini version, that would have been THE perfect device for me.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I already mentioned in OP that size was a dealbreaker here. I already own an OPO even before its India launch. Only if OPO was 4.7/5 inch or had a mini version, that would have been THE perfect device for me.

Ok, what are your initial impressions of Mi4? :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
O-P-O is a good choice. Samsung's only good offering in the range of 20-25K is the Note 3 Neo. SD 615 is no match for the Exynos 5260 besides being 64 bit. Nexus 5 is another good choice.Go for the Samsung A series only if you desire the nice build quality.

Exynos is the future of mobile chips. The Exynos 7420 which is manufactured on the bleeding edge 14 NM process has already surpassed SD 810 in many aspects. The dev support will shift to Exynos in the future.As far as the so called "Oversaturated" SAMOLED display's are concerned, latest gen SAMOLED's offer LCD level brightness, black levels that no LCD can even come close and multiple display modes ranging from oversaturated to accurate.In short SAMOLED is the future of of mobile displays.

Exynos are only used by Samsung So Exynos are not the future of mobile chips.Truth is both Mediatek and Intel are going to eat Qualcomm shares this year with better chips.
Same with SAMOLED Samsung only uses it in their phone. Other manufactures uses AMOLED which are inferior version of SAMOLED.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the thread has gone further but thanks for all your inputs. I have bought mi4 64gb since it is compact and he was sceptical about honour's gaming performance.

Congrats on your new purchase Good choice Mi4 looks stunning.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
nah exynos and samsungs oversaturated displays will never become the industry standard
they are notorious for their issues and are limited to samsung
i agree with minion,mediatek and intel have a better chance
personally i prefer snapdragon because snapdragon devices are generally more stable and have better battery life etc(in my experience) but mediatek and intel are gonna eat into the low-mid range market
exynos is locked down and limited despite being ahead technologically
its like an experimental sports car with not much practicality over say a proven one

im not gonna dvelge deeper but I dont see how A series has better build quality than nexus 5 except for the metal rim
rubberised finish on Nexus 5 is much better and premium feeling
metal on a phone has issues such as low reception etc but does have advantages such as better heat dissipation
still samsungs problems will be present on all their products

as for Samsung amoled ,its surely bright but colours are unnatural and for a display purist,its not a good choice
amoleds from other companies are much better
best colours and lesser problems (burn in etc) is with Apple's "retina display" and Nokia "Clearblack" which along with their amoled display is one of the best displays ive seen on a phone (other than the G3 of course)

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Have you even seen the display of Note 4?
Its no where near over saturated,in fact its more accurate than some LCDs lol
And it can be set to oversaturated mode also if you like
Only if other manufacturers started using AMOLED in their flagships ..
And nexus 5 build is average at best IMO

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
well lets agree to disagree
I and many others find Samsung displays and cameras majorly oversaturated and unnatural colours and poor build and design
BTW most flagships have AMOLED in their flagships,samsung isnt the only one
only apple hasnt started using AMOLED
Nexus 5?average build quality??? its build and design has been praised to be one of the best,most even prefer it to Nexus 6
and this coming from someone (me) who prefers Lumia's polycarbonate certainly shows how impressive Nexus 5 build quality etc is

$hadow

Geek in making
You can't complain for the nexus 5 build quality considering the price and specs it has.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
It is really hard to take a person seriously when they say that a polycarbonate built Nexus 5 has a better build quality than a metal Unibody A series phone.

The logic of these self proclaimed tech experts sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out. Every display tech is moving towards OLED, it
consumes minimal power and provides us with excellent image quality, zero black levels leading to infinite contrast.

I'd rather watch a video or movie on an OLED display than any other display in the world. Regarding the mobile chips, Samsung has the advantage of having it's own fabrication plants so it can use the bleeding edge of technology in its own Exynos processors

Everyone else has to depend on TSMC or other chip manufacturer's. I agree Intel and Mediatek would cater to the poor man but in the high end category, I predict Samsung will reign supreme.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Everyone else has to depend on TSMC or other chip manufacturer's. I agree Intel and Mediatek would cater to the poor man but in the high end category, I predict Samsung will reign supreme.

So you are saying Samsung is new apple in India:duh2:

Come on guys Samsung phones are not cheap or VFM.

I don't know why people are supporting Samsung so much as if they are giving smart phones for free.:mrgreen:

My point is people should research before buying any gadgets not blindly support any particular company.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I don't know why people are supporting Samsung so much as if they are giving smart phones for free.:mrgreen:

My point is people should research before buying any gadgets not blindly support any particular company.

Very true!! very few companies are worth spending/supporting these days
i only go in for tried and tested and only trust user opinions
I wouldnt buy another samsung product even if it was the last OEM on earth
they have made me run around alot for various products

$hadow

Geek in making
If I buy sammy again it might be of a sole reason that SD810 overheats and throttles a lot.

I guess people blindly hate samsung

Top Bottom