[Buying Advice] 20k 5/4.7inch android

envyraw

Broken In
Hello folks,
This is actually for my brother, who wants to buy a new phone. I am currently using OnePlus One and pretty satisfied with it. We share this phone most of the times. I have tried to persuade him to buy this phone but he wont budge for some reasons. One is that he does not want the same phone :D ; the other and biggest problem is size. Its too big for his comfort. Thats THE one factor he cant compromise for. Honestly it feels big to me too but I have made my peace with size for the rest of goodies this phone is offering. Also, he is a heavy gamer. Thats prettyvmuch the most imp reason why he is buying this phone. Here goes my questionnaire.

1. Budget? 20,000. +/- 2000
2. Display type and size? Type any. Should be good enough for gaming, need sime sort of protection like GG or something. Size MUST be 5 or lower but not lower than 4.5
3. Dual sim? If it has dual sim then great, if not then its not a deal breaker.
4. Preferred choice of brand? None. Just decent build.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Need both cameras. Front cam should be decent enough for video calling and primary should be decent enough for casual shooting.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Andorid will do fine. No iOS please (budget). Windows will do too but I am not sure whether it has the games available within app store or not.
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4g is good since he may use it time to time but honestly no problem either way. Most of net usage is on wifi. 3g is must.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Gaming. Like injustice, asphalt, clash of clans, gt racing, fifa etc are always there plus keeps trying new games. Internet capabilities must be good. Wifi is almost always on so no issues with wifi should be there. Internet calling like nymgo, viber, Skype etc. Frequently watches movies on phone. Camera he uses but not too picky about it. Low light imaging is not expected to be good. Mostly pics will be taken in good lighting.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Honor 6.
10. Any other info that you want to share.
I am not sure about gaming capability of honor. Any firsthand experience? Also, about 32gb storage space (inbuilt/expandable) is a must as you can see he will be using games and stuff. That's the reason i have excluded mi4. I have to buy it within 1 month max. Updates should be there. I am not saying fast updates like nexus or something but eventually, since he does not upgrade phones too quick. Atlst kitkat should be available at the moment.

Kindly help and let me know if any other thing i should add for you to advise.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get Oneplus One. no other phone in that budget comes close to the VFM package it offers. Else look for Xperia Z1C or Nexus 5

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Best phone you can get is OPO after that depending on the sacrifices you can make its mi4 or honor 6
Looking at your demands mi4 perfectly fits your bill, it's lacking only in 4g and the limited 16gb storage,, the rest of the specs are as good as it can get on any flagships from last year
So you can recommend this to him, but make a note to point out exactly what I have said.,coz people expect so much for so less these days!!

OP
E

envyraw

Broken In
Thanks people. Yeah i know OPO is the best choice all round. I mean, thats why I own it. But he doesnt want it. Size is a deal breaker for him. I am inclined towards Honor 6. Kkn is suggesting desire 820 but I dont know if it can handle games as smoothly or not. I havent seen any reviews of desire 820. Any owners of any of these 2 phones here?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks people. Yeah i know OPO is the best choice all round. I mean, thats why I own it. But he doesnt want it. Size is a deal breaker for him. I am inclined towards Honor 6. Kkn is suggesting desire 820 but I dont know if it can handle games as smoothly or not. I havent seen any reviews of desire 820. Any owners of any of these 2 phones here?

Desire 820 has the same 64 bit SD615 and 2 gb ram in Yu Yureka. I installed Xcom Enemy Unknown (3.6 GB) on Yureka and it was very smooth. Though I didn't like the turn by turn gameplay

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Desire 820 has a powerful SD615 octa core and great specs and design for the price
it looks and feels very upmarket(so does OPO for that matter)
im not a big fan of the Honor or the Mi4,they simply lack the "premium" feel and quality which is present in D820 and OPO
my personal advice is get the OPO or Desire 820 ,no other android can match them in that price range
Both will handle games perfectly as the hardware is very good,the big size of both can be a bit cumbersome but its totally worth it
in fact im tempted to get one of the two myself and replace my Nexus 5

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Xperia ZR? Storage is low but can be rooted and then Link2SD might help there.
No idea if CPU/GPU are enough.

OP
E

envyraw

Broken In
I didnt see the size for D820. Well as i said, size is a deal breaker unfortunately. Otherwise, I would have bought another OPO long back. I am an OPO fan myself. And here premium feel is not a concern. I am still confused what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but ZR is a bit old now i think for the needs i mentioned.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I didnt see the size for D820. Well as i said, size is a deal breaker unfortunately. Otherwise, I would have bought another OPO long back. I am an OPO fan myself. And here premium feel is not a concern. I am still confused what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but ZR is a bit old now i think for the needs i mentioned.

since you have size-constraints pls check out Moto G2 as well,itll handle games well and the display size isnt too big
im not a big fan of the ZR)design is a bit boring,self cracking screen issues,old hardware etc
Moto G2 does a bit more for a lot less

ashs1

Padawan
Samsung has announced that the price of galaxy s4 will be dropped to 18k. ..i think it will be better than moto g2, right ??

Source : Samsung Galaxy S4 price dropped to Rs 17,999 - Tech2

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Nope still not worth it. The device is a 2013 flagship plus heavily skinned touchwiz is making the device lag like hell.

^^Nope still not worth it. The device is a 2013 flagship plus heavily skinned touchwiz is making the device lag like hell.

I doesn't lag like hell, you guys seriously exaggerate it...... The Lollipop Touchwiz is much lighter, so S4 would become much faster after Lollipop update.

Kitkat AOSP vs Touchwiz: I agree touchwiz isn't as smooth as AOSP, but see the features it offers

S4 has the best camera & display for sub 20k phone

$hadow

Geek in making
I doesn't lag like hell, you guys seriously exaggerate it...... The Lollipop Touchwiz is much lighter, so S4 would become much faster after Lollipop update.

Kitkat AOSP vs Touchwiz: I agree touchwiz isn't as smooth as AOSP, but see the features it offers

S4 has the best camera & display for sub 20k phone

I am telling you after seeing the lag in my friend s4. I am not exaggerating it. Yeah in terms of camera it is good but the build quality and touchwiz still sucks big time.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Samsung has announced that the price of galaxy s4 will be dropped to 18k. ..i think it will be better than moto g2, right ??

Source : Samsung Galaxy S4 price dropped to Rs 17,999 - Tech2

avoid samsung at all costs-
1.touchwiz is very bloated and sluggish
2.poor build quality and often a simple repair means damaging other components in order to change the originally affected part(silver bezel etc)
3.oversaturated display and camera
4.Lollipop made my Nexus 5 and 7 extremely sluggish,I fail to see how Touchwiz lollipop can be fast

Top Bottom