Buying a Laptop for 45k-55k

Korrupt

Broken In
Hey! Thanks for checking this thread! So, my old laptop is busted(it's 7 years old now), and I need to buy a new one. Here's the questionnaire filled in:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
45k-55k.
I also want Accidental Damage Protection, which would be good if included in the price but I don't mind buying it separately.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
  • Dual Boot Linux and Windows(Development purposes)
  • VMWare on Windows for an additional copy of Windows
  • Software and Web Development
  • Heavy Multitasking - 6-7 applications at once, including 2 browsers with around 30-50 tabs each.
  • MAYBE light gaming. I usually don't play games because I get addicted TOO easily. :p

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

I'm considering:
  • i5
  • 1-2GB decent-ish Graphics.
  • FHD 1080p good screen - this is important
  • Backlit keyboard. Not important but it's awesome.
  • 1TB HDD. I want a SSD but won't get it in this budget :( I'm willing to cut it down to 500GB if it will bring down the price. I have two 1TB+2TB External drives.
  • Maybe 6GB RAM because of multitasking requirements? I'm willing to install extra RAM separately.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: DELL, HP
b. Dislike: None in particular. I only care about the after-sales service which I know is good with Dell and HP.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Removable or "Extendable" battery option would be good to have.
  • Purchase place - Croma store, HPShopping.in. Somewhere where I won't get warranty issues.
  • Thanks for the help!

sohan_92

In the zone
You won't be getting any 1080p screen above configuration laptop within that budget. You have to compromise with so many performance factors. Getting a decent laptop with that configuration will cost you around 70k in Indian market. Or you can ask your USA friend to get the same configuration laptop cheaply.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Forget about multitasking level you are aiming for. At best, you'll be getting 8 GB ram and it won't be expandable beyond 16 GB. Assemble a R5 1400 based desktop.

OP
K

Korrupt

Broken In
This is a very late update, but I ended up getting a HP Pavilion Au 620tx with i5 and 8GB RAM, and backlit keyboard.
The screen sucks, but the laptop costed just 42k. It was for 46k, but I got 4k knocked off by not taking the soundbar.

Had no problems multitasking though - I've had Chrome and Firefox open with 50+ tabs each, Excel, Thunderbird, Spring Tool suite, TiddlyWiki Desktop, OneNote. And have Antivirus (Antivir) and Firewall (ZoneAlarm) running. MalwareBytes too.

Eventually, after 3 years, I upgraded to a SSD. Now it's even smoother.

I removed all Bloatware after I got it. maybe that helped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom