Buy and download pc game problem

Prasoon

Broken In
Hey to all,
So here is my problem,As you all know cracking of pc games seems like impossible these days bcoz of that denuvo thing.So I decided to buy my first pc game from online shopping site.Let's say if I buy Rise of the tomb raider at 999rs from online store,so to play that game I have to download approx. 2 gb more from my PC and that's the problem I don't have high-speed Internet Connection.
Is this possible to install and download the rest of 2gb data from my office computer bcoz it has very very high speed internet and then move it to my Pc and activate the play???
Or also is this possible to download the whole unlocked game from torrent or any other site then install to my pc and buy activation key from online??
Or What if I download and purchase the wgole game from steam from my office then move it my pc??

Please help me...I am new to this steam/buying pc games thing.(I even don't have any steam account yet).

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
you just have to install steam in that office computer and download your game.
then you create a backup of that game. this can be used to install full game on your home pc.

OP
P

Prasoon

Broken In
you just have to install steam in that office computer and download your game.
then you create a backup of that game. this can be used to install full game on your home pc.

Thanks for reply.
So all you are saying is that first I have to install steam on both office and home systems, then Create steam account then buy game from that account from office then download whole game there, then backup game and move it to my PC and again use steam account then search for backup games from my pc through steam app.
That's it.
Is that all.
I can play without re-buying the game or without re-downloading or without purchasing from dvds from online store??.
A great thanx to you....please fill me up.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, creating backup and restoring them works but make sure your office's Network Admin allows you to download them.

Also, try to buy games during steam sales. You'll get them at significantly lower price.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for reply.
So all you are saying is that first I have to install steam on both office and home systems, then Create steam account then buy game from that account from office then download whole game there, then backup game and move it to my PC and again use steam account then search for backup games from my pc through steam app.
That's it.
Is that all.
I can play without re-buying the game or without re-downloading or without purchasing from dvds from online store??.
A great thanx to you....please fill me up.

yup :)

btw login same account on both pc.

OP
P

Prasoon

Broken In
yup :)

btw login same account on both pc.

Okay, recenlty about 20 minutes ago I purchased the game and downloading is still in progress of 18 GB approx.
so where is my cd key or activation key or product code to play after download completed, I have a receipt of transaction successfully from steam at my gmail.
Now what, should I wait for them to send physical copy of dvds at my home with activation key??
Or will they send it to my mail or what???

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Okay, recenlty about 20 minutes ago I purchased the game and downloading is still in progress of 18 GB approx.
so where is my cd key or activation key or product code to play after download completed, I have a receipt of transaction successfully from steam at my gmail.
Now what, should I wait for them to send physical copy of dvds at my home with activation key??

No need of keys unless stated specifically in steam.

Sarang\m/

Journeyman
You bought teh game, it is added to your library, no need for a key.It is tied to your account. After finishing download go to settings backup and restore and make a backup of the game. Copy that and when you reach home install steam with the same credentials of that at office. You will see the game in your library. Go to settings and restore the game there using the copied files. It should be fine.

OP
P

Prasoon

Broken In
A great thanks to all,
Let's hope everything will go fine...its 32 min and 9 gb downloaded already out of 18 gb.
I Will keep asking if found anything wrong.If you keen to help.

Top Bottom