Building myself a PC for gaming/streaming budget 1 lakh need help picking better parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsleepless

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I'll be playing League of legends and streaming it so, twitch, OBS with some plugins and discord will be running in the background.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1lakh is the ideal I can extend a 10k more at the greatest

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB SSD 2tb Sata

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: i decided on a monitor so don't need help with that

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: have to buy everything except mouse and keyboard and monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 2-3 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'll get an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in AP, and I'm open to buying online I prefer it actually.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I've put together some parts after referencing some sites here is the list, have a look at it and give me your opinions please. Any improvements or a better part selection advices are much appreciated. Thank you.
Screenshot 20180825 113740 01

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you wanna game and steam at the same time, better go for Ryzen chip.
If you opt for Ryzen go for 3200mhz RAM.
Unless your work would stress the CPU almost always, you don't need to go for premium cpu cooler, something like CM Hyper 212 Turbo. In fact, Ryzen stock coolers are reasonably good. You can try and buy after market cooler if it isn't good enough for your use case.
Go for Corsari TX550m 80 Plus gold instead.

OP
iamsleepless

iamsleepless

If you wanna game and steam at the same time, better go for Ryzen chip.
If you opt for Ryzen go for 3200mhz RAM.
Unless your work would stress the CPU almost always, you don't need to go for premium cpu cooler, something like CM Hyper 212 Turbo. In fact, Ryzen stock coolers are reasonably good. You can try and buy after market cooler if it isn't good enough for your use case.
Go for Corsari TX550m 80 Plus gold instead.
Can you give a specific ryzen model? Is ryzen 7 1700x which is almost the same price as the I5 8600k would be a better choice for streaming?
Also change the ram to this?
G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series DDR4 Memory Module (8GB X 2pcs, 3200Mhz) *www.amazon.in/dp/B01MTDEYHU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6WsGBbNZ05GWZ

OP
iamsleepless

iamsleepless

So I removed the heatsink from the list guess I'll go with the stock.
Is the psu in the list not good enough?
And is the motherboard mentioned good fit with this chip?
And the list becomes this
Screenshot_20180825-155314__01.jpg

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
- Can you give a specific ryzen model?
- Is ryzen 7 1700x which is almost the same price as the I5 8600k would be a better choice for streaming?
- Also change the ram to this?
- So I removed the heatsink from the list guess I'll go with the stock.
- Is the psu in the list not good enough?
- And is the motherboard mentioned good fit with this chip?
~ 95k
Ryzen 2700x
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CM Hyper 212 Turbo
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz 8GB
Corsair TX550m 80 Plus gold
GTX 1060 6GB
Cabinet of your choice
WD Blue 2TB 7200rpm
Samsung 860EVO 250GB SSD

- Better go for next gen chip - 2700x
- G Skill, ADATA, Corsair any brand is fine.
- Yeah, try stock cooler first. If temp shoots up, go for after market cooler. CM Hyper 212 Turbo or if you wanna go little more premium Noctua NH D15 (two fans)
- Don't go for VS series from Corsair. Stick with RMx or TX series.
- B360 chipset is for Intel, you should check B450 or X470 chipset board for AMD.
- If you're buying online, try primeabgb or mdcomputers instead. Amazon almost always expensive. If you have any coupons or deals/offers, then go ahead.

OP
iamsleepless

iamsleepless

~ 95k
Ryzen 2700x
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
CM Hyper 212 Turbo
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz 8GB
Corsair TX550m 80 Plus gold
GTX 1060 6GB
Cabinet of your choice
WD Blue 2TB 7200rpm
Samsung 860EVO 250GB SSD

- Better go for next gen chip - 2700x
- G Skill, ADATA, Corsair any brand is fine.
- Yeah, try stock cooler first. If temp shoots up, go for after market cooler. CM Hyper 212 Turbo or if you wanna go little more premium Noctua NH D15 (two fans)
- Don't go for VS series from Corsair. Stick with RMx or TX series.
- B360 chipset is for Intel, you should check B450 or X470 chipset board for AMD.
- If you're buying online, try primeabgb or mdcomputers instead. Amazon almost always expensive. If you have any coupons or deals/offers, then go ahead.
Thanks for your answers, the sites you gave were really good prices there are much better, I finalized the components from your suggestions thank you.

Reactions: nac
OP
iamsleepless

iamsleepless

Btw can you inform me what capacity ups I need to get to get this cpc, monitor, keyboard and mouse, condenser mic, lifecam hd, WiFi router all running for 30min atleast.
You know how the power cuts can be sometimes unexpected in our country. I still need to finish a game before ending stream in case power is out.
Any specific recommendations are always very appreciated.
Thank you.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Check this site and feed info, you will get what capacity UPS you will be needing.
Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision
My rough guess would be 1000va, at least. How long it will give backup depends on battery capacity and load during power outage. 30 min backup is possible, at least when it's new :Fingerx:

OP
iamsleepless

iamsleepless

Check this site and feed info, you will get what capacity UPS you will be needing.
Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision
My rough guess would be 1000va, at least. How long it will give backup depends on battery capacity and load during power outage. 30 min backup is possible, at least when it's new :Fingerx:
Thanks
It showed 800va but I guess 1000va would be the choice

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD RYZEN 7 2700-24,000
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC-13,000
ADATA 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U300038G16-SRS-7,100
SAMSUNG 860 EVO 250GB-5,400
SEAGATE DESKTOP HARD DRIVE 1TB BARRACUDA (ST1000DM010)-2,900
CORSAIR TX550-5,500
ZOTAC GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X Mini-43,000
CORSAIR SPEC-ALPHA White-Red-4,500

System you have build is not good your primary usage is gaming so you need a good graphics card and some of the components are the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom