Building a Gaming Rig after 5 years. Looking for inputs from the masters. :)

Buzz88

Right off the assembly line
Build Help/Ready:
What is your intended use for this build? The more details the better.

Mostly, gaming on highest settings on a 1080p screen with 144hz. I would also like it to be able to record and stream games without breaking a sweat.

The more future-proof, the better. Though I understand tech changes rapidly.

I recently snatched up Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB AORUS Xtreme for 46k INR, which is a pretty sweet deal for me. I was looking at 1070s before in that budget.

What is your budget (ballpark is okay)?

My current budget is USD 2000. Or INR 130,000. I could stretch it a bit.

Currently, I am opting for a smaller screen. But in future, I think I would want to update to something bigger and better. Any suggestions on monitors that would complement this build well are also welcome.

In what country are you purchasing your parts?

Buying everything in India. Though I got the graphics card from Newegg US. Even with import duty, it was a better deal that the current market prices in India.

Post a draft of your potential build here (specific parts please).

I have done some research and came up with the following list:

CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ₹17598.00 @ Amazon India
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ₹9270.00 @ Amazon India
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ₹9009.00 @ Amazon India
Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ₹4098.00 @ Amazon India
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ₹5299.00 @ Amazon India
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AORUS Xtreme Edition Video Card Purchased For ₹46000.00
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ₹3500.00
Power Supply Corsair - CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ₹7700.00
Monitor AOC - G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ₹18000.00
Keyboard Logitech - G610 Wired Gaming Keyboard ₹5418.68 @ Amazon India

Total ₹125892.68

Thanks, everyone. It will be a huge help if anyone else has undertaken such project recently and have inputs to share. What do you think I need to change, and please explain why. Cheers!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wait for others to comment on your specs. But that SSD needs to be changed bro.
128 is nothing. Not even one os (Windows 10) can fit on it in long run.

Better get at-least 250 GB Samsung EVO. It costs less than Rs 7k on ebay. I just ordered one couple of days. :D
Performance and feature wise it blows the Kingston and SanDisk out of the water.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@OP, please answer these as well:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
( Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST )

GTX 1080 for 1080p gaming is massive overkill. I'd recommend getting at least a 1440p monitor.

Most prices on Amazon are inflated. Buy locally or from mdcomputers, ITDepot, etc.

OP
B

Buzz88

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the replies, guys.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Counter strike, Overwatch, GTA 5, Battleground, COD, Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost recon, (most first person shooters with live streaming/recording). I am planning to get a 27", 2K 144hz monitor during the Diwali sale. Right now prices are out of reach. Recommendations for screens are most welcome.

That's the main focus. Other than that, it should hold up to most general apps. Nothing fancy that requires extra hardware or dedicated prof software.

3. Planning to overclock?

I have never overclocked before. But, yes, now I think it's time to experiment and learn how to go about it. I will have to check out aftermarket coolers for it. Any idea what goes well with Ryzen 1600?

About the SSD, that was a random choice. My current rig has a 128 gb Sandisk.

I would like to upgrade it, but i don't know which way to go. Should i get an expensive M2 250 gb for around 13-14k or a simple SATA EVO for 7-8k?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
@OP, please answer these as well:

( Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST )

GTX 1080 for 1080p gaming is massive overkill. I'd recommend getting at least a 1440p monitor.

Most prices on Amazon are inflated. Buy locally or from mdcomputers, ITDepot, etc.
144hz monitor....

Top Bottom