Budget Upgrade: Pleae suggest components

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming Gaming Gaming

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs20,000.. can extend to Rs25,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not interested..

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not buying HDD but a 128GB SSD would be nice

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I will be buying only 4 components. CPU, Motherboard,PSU,RAM

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Aizawl,Mizoram (in the north east). I will be buying online only because everything here costs too much extra.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ok my current system is the following:

intel G3220
Gigabyte h110
8 GB DDR3
1 TB HDD WD Green
Gtx 1050ti 4GB
Unbranded PSU 400W (bundled with case)

I would like a decent CPU that wont bottleneck my 1050ti, and run all future games without stutters.

A motherboard that goes well with the CPU. ATX sized with lots of USB ports but mATX is also fine

RAM at least 8 GB

A PSU which will run my system fine

( A 128GB SSD if money is left)

I can play a lot of games right now but there are several games which require 4 cores or more. I use DualCore hotfix to play certain Quad core games, but when i play them, it stutters a lot. Fps counter will say 50 or 60 but it stutters a lot making it unplayable.
Using DualCore Fix and some modifications i can "run" games such as Watchdog 2, Titanfall 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided.. but these games start stuttering in certain levels and makes it unplayable . For eg. In Deus Ex 1st mission, game is smooth till the part where we go down the elevator and there are several bad guys.
I blame the stutter on my Intel G3220 .

Now all i need is a Quad core CPU, but if i am spending some dough on new component , i want it to be usable for at least 3 more years.. There should be a decent upgrade path. I could save a lot of cash by purchasing i3 or i5 of my h110 generation, but i want to prepare for future upgrades...

By the way, is it a good time to buy PC hardware? RAM prices are still high, (but thankfully i dnt have to buy new GPU)

Ps. Kindly link me the online stores where i can buy the parts u recommend.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Wait for the seniors.
Dude you were the one na who was duped at ebay I guess and you were willing to pay like half of the money if someone gets it back for you. Did you lodge a FIR?

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
2 options

1) you can look for a decent used compatible core i5 .. should cost about 4-4.5k , PSU - Corsair CX 450 - 3.5k = 7.5-8k .. it shouldn't bottleneck your system with 1050ti in a big way( check benchmarks on youtube )

2) wait till next month or so for 2nd gen Ryzen processors to launch ..

CX 450 - 3.5k , Ram - 6.5k , Mobo - 5k , CPU - 14-15k ( if you want to future proof your rig for much more powerful GPU with 6 cores , ) ...

if you can't extend budget
alternatively you can buy Ryzen 2nd gen 9-10k CPU next month , after 3 years or so upgrade that to a used 3 rd gen Ryzen with more cores..

--- 3rd gen Ryzen is expected to bring a big bump in performance relatively , 2nd gen is a minor improvement.. , plus RAM prices are expected to start declining next year ...

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -26.7K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8900,
Asus Prime A320M-K -4800,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB LPX 3000Mhz DDR4 -7200,
Antec VP500PC -2900,
Kingston UV400 120GB SSD -2900.
TOTAL -26,700.

All above components prices are taken from mdcomputers.in except SSD which is taken from onlyssd.com

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Thanks for the tips guys
@bssunilreddy
Budget -26.7K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8900,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB LPX 3000Mhz DDR4 -7200,
Antec VP500PC -2900,
TOTAL -26,700.

All above components prices are taken from mdcomputers.in except SSD which is taken from onlyssd.com

Shouldnt i simply get Ryzen 3 1200 ? I already have GPU.. i wont need the onboard graphics. Is the 2200G better in overall performance?
Is there a cheaper DDR4 RAM? I think a cheap 2400 Mhz RAM should be good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
2 options

1) you can look for a decent used compatible core i5 .. should cost about 4-4.5k , PSU - Corsair CX 450 - 3.5k = 7.5-8k .. it shouldn't bottleneck your system with 1050ti in a big way( check benchmarks on youtube )

2) wait till next month or so for 2nd gen Ryzen processors to launch ..

CX 450 - 3.5k , Ram - 6.5k , Mobo - 5k , CPU - 14-15k ( if you want to future proof your rig for much more powerful GPU with 6 cores , ) ...

if you can't extend budget
alternatively you can buy Ryzen 2nd gen 9-10k CPU next month , after 3 years or so upgrade that to a used 3 rd gen Ryzen with more cores..

--- 3rd gen Ryzen is expected to bring a big bump in performance relatively , 2nd gen is a minor improvement.. , plus RAM prices are expected to start declining next year ...
Where to find a decent used i5 ?? Do online shops sell second hand ones? I cant simply walk around the street asking for a used CPU. :(

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Wait for the seniors.
Dude you were the one na who was duped at ebay I guess and you were willing to pay like half of the money if someone gets it back for you. Did you lodge a FIR?
Naah, i just wanna forget it. I feel ashamed of my stupidity. I just want the whole episode erased from my memory.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Regarding Ryzen 3 2200G i looked around the net, came upon this.
Ryzen 3 1200 vs Ryzen 3 2200G • r/Amd

Rather confusing.. Can anyone explain it to me in simpler words. I dont understand SMTs and CCX and other shenanigans

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Other forums they they say wait for Ryzen 2..how long do i have to wait?.
And when Ryzen 2 comes out people will say wait for budget Kaby Lake motherboards :( :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically ryzen 1st gen as cores in different places & communication between them happens through ram so if ram is slow then communication between cores is slow which lowers overall performance.2200G have all cores in same place so independent of ram for communication between them & hence overall higher performance.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Basically ryzen 1st gen as cores in different places & communication between them happens through ram so if ram is slow then communication between cores is slow which lowers overall performance.2200G have all cores in same place so independent of ram for communication between them & hence overall higher performance.
thanks gottcha.
So that means i can get some cheap 1866 or 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM and be ok with it

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Other forums they they say wait for Ryzen 2..how long do i have to wait?.
And when Ryzen 2 comes out people will say wait for budget Kaby Lake motherboards :( :(

yes this is what we are saying wait for 2nd gen, they are launching next month officially .. at max you can expect it to reach india by 1st week of may if they launch by april end.. in past Ryzen have arrived very fast in india only after few days after they have been launched in USA..
so hopefully it will be the same this time

and cheaper Intel boards will likely also arrive next month.. but with intel you aren't sure of upgrade path , don't know if these mobo will support 9th gen processors or not..

you can find used i5 on olx ,quikr else online forums post a want to buy Ad , on digit and other indian tech forums..

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no 1866 DDR4 ram,you can get DDR4 2400 which should be fine for 2200G but integrated graphics performance of 2200G will be affected quite badly with a single stick of 2400 DDR4 ram.Ryzen 2 is launching in Apr so if you can wait it is better as right now 2200G is a bit overpriced so maybe there will be some price cut or 2nd gen Ryzen may be priced similar to 1st gen Ryzen 1200.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for the tips guys
@bssunilreddy

Shouldnt i simply get Ryzen 3 1200 ? I already have GPU.. i wont need the onboard graphics. Is the 2200G better in overall performance?
Is there a cheaper DDR4 RAM? I think a cheap 2400 Mhz RAM should be good enough.
Ryzen 3 2200G is faster than Ryzen 3 1200. You can go with 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM since you already have a discrete GPU.

Budget -25.3K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8900,
Crucial 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -5800,
Antec VP500PC -2900,
TOTAL -25,300.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can go with Intel Pentium G 4560 along with cheaper Crucial Desktop RAM and compatible motherboard.

Budget -24.4K

Intel Pentium G 4560 -4700,
Asrock B250M-HDV -4800,
Crucial 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -5800,
Antec VP500PC -2900,
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -6200.
TOTAL -24,400

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
also i just looked at your rig again , you are using an unbranded el cheapo PSU bundled with case with Gtx 1050Ti ?
stop using that immediately and just get a Corsair CX 450 atleast , if you don't want to spend more on PSU.. "specifically this model only"

Last edited:
Top Bottom