Budget Mobile for Gaming & Video

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hi,
My big sis bought Spice M-6120(without consulting me).
And she totally disappointed cos of no gaming and not good for video either.
So,she want to buy a new mobile again.
Main priority gaming and watching video beside other common mobile feature.

1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
At least 4"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar would be best I guess.
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Nokia,Samsung,Sony etc reliable brand.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
IDK
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Flash & autofocus will be good but budget will decide.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Best OS for Free or a*hem games(u got it)
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
If possible 3G+Wifi.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
If possible A-GPS with free map.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Gaming,Camera and Multimedia.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
No idea.
12. Any other info that you want to share
Yes,reliability of mobile and after sale service should be good.Mobile should have good battery for gaming.
Graphic should be good cos will be use for gaming.
Suitable OS to get good game @free or a*hem version.
I was first thing about PSP then hold back.
Cos PSP have no free game or not for a*hem version ISO games.
Then battery might not be changes in future.
Sony Memory stick will be cost huge.
Though saw many ppl bought old PSP @3K and new one may cost near 6K.

lease suggest,advice and guide.
I'm not in a hurry to make mistake for my sis again.
Thanks! :)

Re: Budget Mobile for Gaming & Video

XOLO Q600(7.5k), street price
For strictly under 7k, its difficult to get some gaming phone but XOLO A500S is good

Gionee Pioneer P3 vs XOLO Q600 vs Lava Iris 458q vs XOLO A500S IPS: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Nokia Asha 503 or 502. 503 not yet released.Both are Dual Sim and best aspect are their battery.Simply lag free gaming.

Nokia Web Link: Nokia Asha 502 Dual SIM Phone - 5 MP Camera with flash - Nokia - India

Flipkart Link: Mobiles - Buy Mobiles Online at Best Prices in India - Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com

If you want to go the Android way then you have to increase your budget and get Xperia M or M Dual. Best phones in their price range.

Last edited:
OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for ur reply guys!
Gaming with 3" screen not good.
Have stretch to 8K or need to wait for good offer.

sushovan

In the zone
Gionee P2 is better than Xolo Q600(used them both). With the help of a good sd card and ram expander I was able to run San Andreas and Dead Trigger 2 without any lag. Although I would recommend a 1 GB RAM phone over them anyday if budget allows.

sksundram

In the zone
Just tell her to buy nokia 520/525. Whichever comes in budget.

And if gaming is of highest priority, buy xolo q700. No other phone is better than this under 9k.

sksundram

In the zone
2 things you can do.
1)let her buy ANY phone in her budget and be prepared to get cursed. (N520/525 not counting)
2)put an extra 1k and buy xolo q700 and be prepared to get appreciated for the rest of your life.
Decision is yours.

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
2 things you can do.
1)let her buy ANY phone in her budget and be prepared to get cursed. (N520/525 not counting)
2)put an extra 1k and buy xolo q700 and be prepared to get appreciated for the rest of your life.
Decision is yours.

Is N525 really so bad ?
This one one of the most anticipated mobile from Nokia(in 10K range) I guess ?

sksundram

In the zone
^^i said "not counting" it among other el cheapo phones. Don't think too much yaar. You want those #ahem# games so buy q700 (a little extra money goes a long long way). If she is totally not into games, buy N520.

sushovan

In the zone
If you're really looking for a Gaming mobile, then dont go for N525 as WP is far behind Android in terms of availability of games.

also, forget WP if you are into *ahem* version of apps or games. :D

OP
Revolution

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
OK.
Till now one thing is sure I will go for Android cos of FREE games/Apps and few a*hem games too. :D
Even I was thinking to buy and old PSP for me years ago but hold back cos games will cos a bomb and I'm not sure if I may able to run a*hem ISO on that.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Seriously! Were you hiding in a den?

Don't fool your self... All mobiles under 10k are pure ****... My N4 struggles to play GTA SA on full graphics.. With quad core 2 gig of ram and Adreno 320... So what can a 10k device will do... Probably ****...

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
OK.
Till now one thing is sure I will go for Android cos of FREE games/Apps and few a*hem games too. :D
Even I was thinking to buy and old PSP for me years ago but hold back cos games will cos a bomb and I'm not sure if I may able to run a*hem ISO on that.

Psp is the easiest to hack and u can play all iso's. However the thing is apart from a few games, graphics on psp games suck compared to today's games on mobiles i.e. infinity blade 3 looks ravishing on ipads. But psp is not to blame as its a very old tech ( 2006 it launched, how time flies)

Top Bottom