Budget is 15,000 Rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

power_8383

Eager to learn.
My budget is 15000 Rs
I want the best phone in this budget.

Many ppl said me that K790i is best so I'm thinking of it.

But I need your vies too guys.

Good camera is my first priority.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I would suggest N73 as a value for money phone.
With the latest firmware V4, the already superb camera has been given a further pepup.

If you check out all the comparisions between N73 and K790i, N73 performs at par with K790i, if not betters it. All those comparisons were done when the phone was released, now with V4, the performance is even better.

Also, it's a S60v3, to which K790i has simply no answer to. Music performance is also brilliant.

If you are not a blind SE fan, you might seriously want to check it out.

arunks said:
how is p990i
It is more of an Enterprise phone, with a camera not worthy enough of comparison with K790i or N73. Its touch screen, not easy to handle in the day to day life.

Last edited:
OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Thnx Alsiladka for your valuable feedback.
I'll sure keep this in mind.

Can u post some comparisons ?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
what is the video size that we can make with n73 and k790i...

i think 6233 has 640x480 size supported whereas n70 supports 320x240...

which mobile phone supports resolution greater and which is good phone with superb camera and awesome video recording in range upto 15000

i read this review by one user on a site

bought a N73 2 months back after weeks of readin all reveiws of N73 & k790i.And its a gr8 phone.But all the reviews (includin this 1) didnt touch upon 2 things-
1>the hanging of the phone.In 2 months my phone has hanged abt 5 times which is just not acceptable.
2>How slow the phone is.I dont kno if 790i is slow or not..but my phone is irritatingly slow.And i havent even loaded too many applications or s/w's in it.I hav used only 14mb/44mb of the phone memory & 131mb/2gb of mem card.
And I wud beg to differ frm this review..the camera on this phone is nothin compared 2 the camera on SE phones..my frnds 2MP camera in SE k550i takes better pics thn mine in poor lighting..other conditions its the same as n73.The SE phones hav amazin flashes..they r lik tubelights!!
what do u say abt this

Another user says

i have a k790i for abt 5 months. its a realy realy good phone. the camera is just too good. th mp3 playback is also good. it does not have any kind of hanging problems. the battry back up it good. i guess it is better than n 73 as my friends using it tell that it has a lot of hanging problems. i would any time as you to go for a k790i than a n 73
i do not have any jealousy with n73 but i heard abt its superb feature list from everybody and so i want to lighten up its week points also..

another says

I'm finding N73 more impressive than K800 . . . I like that huge screen!

Good placement of stereo speakers too (found at the top and bottom of the phone), which is good when viewing movies with the phone horizontally.

And it records movies better than K800

sEE HERE FOR PHOTO COMPARISONS

*www.gsmarena.com/n73_d900_k800_photo-review-102.php

Another says

I got my mother a new N73 yesterday. I felt that the photos were very vibrant and the low light photos were far better than I expected on a mobile phone.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about buying this phone for her. It's choc-a-block with features, many of which I don't think she will ever use. The complexity could prove too much for her. And did I mention that it is SLoooow, there is a definite noticeable lag between an action and the result, something I never notice on my w810i

For n73

Video quality is also excellent by camera phone standards. The N73 can take videos at a maximum 352 x 288 resolution with audio at 15fps in MPEG4 format (high quality). It can also take "normal" and MMS sized video in 3GP format. Video is sharper thanks to the autofocus lens and colors are well represented with little of the typical camera phone's blockiness and only moderate noise (less than moderate by camera phone standards). Digital zoom will introduce some blockiness, so use it only when you must if you want the best quality. The camera has a video stabilization feature which does reduce handheld jerkiness but as with the N80, also gives the image a bit of an over-smoothed look. Audio and video are in sync in all quality settings and audio is clear and loud. The camcorder is definitely good enough to capture and save those special moments when a dedicated camcorder isn't handy. While the N73's camcorder can't beat the VGA camcorder in the N93, it's very good and beats the Sony Ericsson K790 / K800i.

Last edited:
OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
I'm talking about K790i & N73.

Y u r bringing W810i in comparison ?
Go ahead and create a new topic if you want.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey it was just for telling late action in case of n73 ...not related to specifically w810i.. it is just a point noticed by a user.. he said he never saw time lag action factor in his w810i as it is present in n73..

and see my other points they compare n73 with k790/800 little bit

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
arey saurabh, don't be rude to arun. he's been trying to help you by showing both sides of the coin. at least being a senior member respect others.

regarding the phone, if you want pure cam quality and nothing else then go in for k790i/k810i.

if you care for symbian OS then go in for n73me.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
infra_red_dude said:
arey saurabh, don't be rude to arun. he's been trying to help you by showing both sides of the coin. at least being a senior member respect others.

regarding the phone, if you want pure cam quality and nothing else then go in for k790i/k810i.

if you care for symbian OS then go in for n73me.

Thnx for ur advice brother.

by the way I'm not at all rude to him yaar :(

though if u want I can say sorry.

Sorry from deep of my heart Arun.
I hope you forgive me. :(

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
K800i is supposed to be a better phone than K790i.
As posted by arun, Check out the Photo comparisions at GSM Arena here - GSM Arena
To me N73 pics looked better.

Comparisons on other sites -
Tech2
Tech2 said:
Vipurva feels that "if your primary criteria for choosing one of these phones is the camera, then I would recommend going in for the N73."

The camera on the N73 performed much better in our tests, grabbing at least three, if not four points, leaving the K790i behind with one or two points. Sony's Cybershot legacy and the presence of a real Xenon flash didn't help it much in our real world tests. This proves that it's not just the technology that matters, but how it is implemented in the phone that makes a difference.

Mobiletechreview
Mobiletechreview said:
While the N73's camcorder can't beat the VGA camcorder in the N93, it's very good and beats the Sony Ericsson K790 / K800i.

Only downpoint is the extremely low light conditions where the Xenon flash wins over the N73.

Now you have to decide which phone to go for.

As to N73 issues -
I have a N73 from the last 4 5 months. And i am a power user, i use everything from the Radio, the Music Player, PC Connectivity, more than 20 softwares, Camera, Software based Answering Machine and every possible use i can put it too (Its my watch too).

Hanging - It has never hanged on me, ever, even once!!

Slow Speed - I accept it was pretty slow when i bough it. But FW V4 has sped it up much beyond my expectation. Infact i did not expect any smartphone to be so fast. I was looking forward for a FW update ever since i bought this phone as FW's usually bring in numerous enhancements. But i no longer long for any FW update as the phone is virtually perfect for me. The RAM management has been completely transformed, no more application crashes for me due to memory limits.

The only downpoint is the Camera application restarting after every few pics with the latest FW, which i expect would be fixed in the next FW update.

One other plus point - Nokia as well as other companies have really come up with excellant softwares for the S60 phones which really take the phone to a different level than the other phones in competition.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
@ alsiladka.

Superb Comparison u made brother.
Thanks thanks a lot.

Hanging
Slow Speed

These were the two points of which I wanted clarification.

Simply superb bro.

Thnx a lot. :)

Last edited:
OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Thank you all guys for your valuable feedback.
I think majority of you saying N73 is best, I'll now buy that only.

Make this thread sticky because most of the ppl have the same doubt like me in buying N73 or K790i.

It will be very useful for everyone.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
nishantv2003 said:

Make this thread sticky because most of the ppl have the same doubt like me in buying N73 or K790i.

Yeah im having the same confusion...
better make it a stiky:)

P.S. Best option- wait for k850i(5MP) fon and buy it w/o bill:)

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
power_8383 said:

Nice choice Power! Check the rates and go for the Music Editions. It comes with a 2GB card.

nishantv2003 said:
P.S. Best option- wait for k850i(5MP) fon and buy it w/o bill:)

Even w/o bill, it shall be quite expensive. It shall be in a completely different price range, not use comparing it over here.

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
For it to be made a Sticky, the title needs to be changed to "N73 or K790i/K800i"
The price range of 15K is relative, these phone may be 12K tomorrow.

Also we did not discuss any Moto phones or Samsung phones or LG phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom