budget gaming pc under 30k

khalil1210

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming - old titles like GTA 5, Witcher 3 - on low or medium settings at 1080p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Only need hard disk for windows. I have a external hard disk of 2TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 22 inch - 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:by next month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Yes will buy locally. No

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Should I buy a graphic card now? Or should I wait for the nvdia cards until august. I just want to have a system to game. Last I played was on ps2 that too 7 years back. Or should I buy a console like x box one s ( was available at some offers for 22k on flipkart )

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G-7,700
MSI B350M GAMING PRO-6,800
ADATA 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U300038G16-SRS(3000Mhz)-7,500
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB-6,000
Corsair CX430 430W Bronze-3,400
Antec DF500 RGB-4,500

Don't get a GPU now integrated GPU will enable you to play games @low to medium settings
Watch this
Suggested MSI B350M gaming pro as it can control your RGB components
Suggested a 250 GB SSD for faster boot and low game loading time and finally an RGB RAM as your cabinet has a transparent panel it will look cool

Last edited:
OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
Thanks for the suggestion minion

Will this power supply be enough if I add a graphic card like 1060 6GB or newer version which will be released.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah CX 450 ( white version ) is fine if you are tight on budget with 1060 ,

here you can look at power consumption figures

The GeForce GTX 1060 Founders Edition & ASUS Strix GTX 1060 Review

can't say about future cards , but they should be fine if they aren't very significantly power hungry ,
amd

and it is very very important that you get 2 x 4gb ram sticks instead of single 8 gb stick to make it dual channel , if you are going to play on IGPU otherwise you can loose as much as 40 % performance

i am assuming a bit of extra headroom in budget...

since you also need a monitor , prices may vary a bit

PSU - CX 450 - 3200
RAm - Corsair 2 x 4gb 2400 mhz - 6500
CPU - R3 2200G - 7700
Monitor - Benq GW 2270 - 7500
Mobo - Asus/gigabyte A320M - 4200
Case - antec gx 200- 2.8k
hdd 1tb- 3500 ( would have recommended ssd but 120 gb would be too low for games , unless you are going to keep external one connected almost all the tiime

thats 35k

LG 22MP68 at 9.4k comes with freesync , and if your fps are above 40 it will give you very smooth gaming experience..

if you want to cut more budget,, why not use external hdd like an internal , always connected , boot from Usb .. and go with freesync monitor

Last edited:

89praveen

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming - old titles like GTA 5, Witcher 3 - on low or medium settings at 1080p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Only need hard disk for windows. I have a external hard disk of 2TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 22 inch - 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:by next month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Yes will buy locally. No

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Should I buy a graphic card now? Or should I wait for the nvdia cards until august. I just want to have a system to game. Last I played was on ps2 that too 7 years back. Or should I buy a console like x box one s ( was available at some offers for 22k on flipkart )
I would recommend u to buy used parts ..go for 3rd or 4th gen i5 or i7..
I recently go a deal for used pc for 21k
Specs
I5 6400
16gb ddr4 2400mhz
1tb hdd
20inch monitor 1400x900
Keyboard mouse

Sent from my Iris X8 L using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I would recommend u to buy used parts ..go for 3rd or 4th gen i5 or i7..
I recently go a deal for used pc for 21k
Specs
I5 6400
16gb ddr4 2400mhz
1tb hdd
20inch monitor 1400x900
Keyboard mouse
Used parts =/= used OEM PC.
Take out the CPU, ram, hdd, kb+ mouse (these alone are worth the cost IMO).
Sell/dump the rest off.

89praveen

Broken In
Used parts =/= used OEM PC.
Take out the CPU, ram, hdd, kb+ mouse (these alone are worth the cost IMO).
Sell/dump the rest off.
I had to buy a oem PC as individual components would cost me more ... That was best my budget could buy me..
But I forgot about that crap 180w psu it came with

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
If you're buying the PC exclusively for gaming, I'd recommend a PS4 @ 25k (or Xbone if you prefer MS exclusives) intead of a PC. A lot less hassle.

But if you also want to do other stuff with it, a PC might be better, especially if you don't already have a laptop. I use a macbook air (connected to the monitor) for PC work and PS4 for gaming.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G-12.1k
MSI B350M GAMING PRO-6,800
ADATA 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U300038G16-SRS(3000Mhz)-7,500
CX450 - 3200
Low end cabby that suits purpose like Deepcool Tesseract -2.5k
1 TB HDD (WD Blue) - 3.1k

Budget is too low for a SSD or a monitor. This barely cuts it, I would not recommend going below Ryzen 5 2400G, as it is a component you CANNOT upgrade in the future.
All other stuff like SSD, GPU etc can be purchased later on.
Get the best ram you can find, as it will affect a lot of the iGPU performance.
Dont go for RGB madness, this rig is barely functional, its not show off worthy nor is it in any way needed.
Alternatively, go for

i3 8100 - 8.5k
H310 motherboard - 5k
(prices from md)
Live on the intel HD graphics for now, it sucks comparatively to the Ryzen 5 but is much cheaper and perhaps you can add that money towards monitor and/or graphics

End result with Ryzen 5 2400G + GTX 1060 vs a i3 8100 + GTX 1060 should be very close, if you normalize framerates you recieve on both after the pricing difference.

Another option is i5 8400 which is a beast 6 core cpu, you can get for 13.5k in mdcomputers.
But Im guessing we are really approaching budget constraints here, but do consider it, as its a CPU that will last easily for a couple of years more than any other suggestion in this thread.

MB23

Right off the assembly line
Hello! I am very new here and have a very similar requirement for my build so, thought of posting here only instead of starting new thread unless pointed so. I like the build in previous post by senior member 'Nerevarine' because I too like the idea to go for Ryzen 5 2400G.

But my question is when future-proofing CPU, why not have the same approach for cabinet too
?

And the question I today came to the forum for -
Why not go for Antec DF500 RGB or Corsair SPEC ALPHA and which one?
Is it not worth to spend extra 1-2K over say, Antec GX200 (could not find Deepcool Tesseract online)
. Requesting your replies to finalize my build. Thanks

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thats upto you but apart from aesthetics, you will gain NADA on upgrading to an expensive cabinet. For a low end budget, cabinet is where you cut costs and put the money on stuff that cannot be upgraded in future.

OP
khalil1210

khalil1210

In the zone
Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I have finalized this and will be buying next thursday:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 2200G
Mother board - B350M
RAM - Corsair - 2 x 4GB 2400 MHz
Hard disk - Western Digital - 1TB
Cabinet - Antec GX 200
Monitor - LG 22MP68