Budget gaming laptop within 40k

standinonauturn

Right off the assembly line
Ok I'm gonna buy a laptop for gaming and general student usage. I'm confused between HP g6-2313AX and HP g6-2312AX. The difference between them is that 2313AX has 6GB RAM but doesn't come with an OS out of the box while 2312AX has 4GB RAM and comes with win 8 and costs 2k more. All the rest is identical.
So the queries are:

1) Will the 4GB be suffice to play high end games? And if I choose 2313AX and install a pirated OS :p Will it affect my experience somehow?

2) I've never used Windows 8 and I've not really liked the way it looks. If I get the 2313, should I install win 7 instead of win 8?

Do reply!

nikufellow

In the zone
I have a better suggestion - *m.snapdeal.com/product/samsung-np370r5es05in-notebook-intel-core/661920

1) 4 gb will suffice especially at that resolution btw can't discuss about piracy here. Anyhow I'd recommend having a genuine copy.
2)Some have reported a few games being incompatible with windows 8 but personally haven't had any issues with win 8 so far. In fact after the initial 'getting used to' period I am starting to like modern UI day by day.

OP
S

standinonauturn

I did like the one you mentioned but it doesn't have an optical drive. That's a problem. And don't u think the A10 is enough? Coz my budget is strictly 40k.
Which one one would u recommend among those I mentioned?
And how much does a genuine copy of windows 8 cost?

OP
S

standinonauturn

I too have the same confusion between these two HPs.. Need Advice

Bought the 2312AX. 2313AX is not available anywhere except flipkart. Didn't buy it from there as I was inclined on using genuine windows and if bought online, a full win 8 will cost a LOT (if it it'd be available in stores, sometimes they give u a genuine one for very less). I gave some extra bucks and exchanged a 2GB stick for a 4GB stick. So got my 2313AX WITH windows, effectively, for around 41k.

Top Bottom