Budget Android phone with good battery backup?

Need a phone for my dad, he never used a smartphone before.

1. Budget - 10k-12k, lesser the better.
2. Display type and size - any with 4.7 inch
3. Dual sim - Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand - any Brand with good ASS and good battery backup.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - atleast a 5MP
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) - 2G,3G good to have feature, but wud hardly will connect to internet using GPRS or 3G.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - Talking on GSM and mostly using the Wifi at home.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - No idea, But I need a phone with Active noise cancellation feature and a good battery backup and not very heavy.

Xiaomi Mi4i is a great 5" device with great display, camera & battery life, only con is just 13GB user accessible storage & no sd card slot

OP
S

saturdayniteguy

Broken In
How is Xiaomi Redmi 2? in terms of battery on 2G/3G and Wifi? call quality? Does the active noise cancellation really works on this phone?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Since its for your dad,I suggest Lumia 640
not only is it well priced,its UI is great for older people to use(my 76 year old grandad used one with ease as his 1st smartphone),camera is best in its class,battery life is unmatched(1.5 days easily),display is excellent and great after sales and quality of materials

if android(not recommended imho)- Moto G2,Zenfone 5,Mi4i

OP
S

saturdayniteguy

Broken In
Since its for your dad,I suggest Lumia 640
not only is it well priced,its UI is great for older people to use(my 76 year old grandad used one with ease as his 1st smartphone),camera is best in its class,battery life is unmatched(1.5 days easily),display is excellent and great after sales and quality of materials

if android(not recommended imho)- Moto G2,Zenfone 5,Mi4i

dude, L640 does not have active noise cancellation + it is 5 inch screen, dont want 5 inch, seems too big. 4.5 to 4.7 ich screen is good enough. Tho my feeling.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
dude, L640 does not have active noise cancellation + it is 5 inch screen, dont want 5 inch, seems too big. 4.5 to 4.7 ich screen is good enough. Tho my feeling.

then Lumia 730 is a better option
it has a 4.7inch amoled display with clearback
camera is the best phone camera for low light
battery life is 1.5-2days easily
only thing is its for 11-12k but totally worth the extra money

also both 640 and 730 have active noise cancellation

OP
S

saturdayniteguy

Broken In
then Lumia 730 is a better option
it has a 4.7inch amoled display with clearback
camera is the best phone camera for low light
battery life is 1.5-2days easily
only thing is its for 11-12k but totally worth the extra money

also both 640 and 730 have active noise cancellation

Where is the 2nd microphone on the 640? Couldnt see it in the pic of this phone.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Since it is for your dad, I would suggest that you go for a Windows phone.. The interface is hassle free and easy to use.. L730 or L640 would suffice your needs.. Specs- Microsoft Lumia 640 vs Nokia Lumia 730 - Phone specs comparison

Top Bottom