Budget 10-15K : Android Phone for Moderate Usage

Phenomenal

Broken In
My previous phone was Moto G which died in a s/w+h/w crash after 15 months.
I have considered other phones for comparison which are slightly different from my expectations.

1. Budget?
A: INR 10-12K..can stretch to 15 in case of exceptional benefits!

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5" FHD preferred with Corning Gorilla Glass

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android L 5.1 with guaranteed Android M update

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network in Mumbai and social media support.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls,Texting,Reading,Music,Internet,Multimedia,Casual Gaming.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM non-hybrid.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup lasting for an entire day on moderate usage consisting of 5 hours of WiFi for browsing,reading,6 hours of 2G,2 hours of 3G,overall screen-on time of 5-10hours.
A microSD card slot is a must.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Lenovo K4 Note,Honor 5X,Redmi 3(Launch date unknown),LeTV Le S1

Concerns about Lenovo - would like to get feedback from Lenovo users :
After sales - in case of issues.
Laggy after few months.
I understand it cannot run high-end games but i don't want it to lag during normal mult-tasking such as browsing multiple tabs,texting and running music together.

I can wait for a few more days but would like to take a quick call on this one.
Let me know what you think :)

K4 Note seems to be good for you

Honor 5X has hybrid slot

Le 1S is a good phone, but brand value & after sales are definitely not good

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

LeTV Le 1s seems like a really good option IMO.

And LeTV is a huge brand in china (they have become one of the leading manufacturers of Televisions over there and how now started making smartphones as well)

saw some gaming reviews as well as temp checks on youtube and it performs exceptionally well for the price.Only downside is that it doesn't have expandable memory and the screen ain't that bright in sunlight. They have given a list of service centers all over India, how is their after sales service that only time will tell. Also not sure if it has Dev support, if anyone could confirm.

K4 note CPU underclocked and not a good performer in gaming departments lots of frame drops. But the VR feature is really a deal breaker also has front speakers which would be really nice when it comes to media consumption.

Honor 5X has 2gigs of RAM but has a better screen, but that deficiency of 1gig of ram would be a prob after you have a lot of social media apps (like fb, whatsapp, insta etc etc) running in the background, look wise looks the most premium out of the three phones.

If you don't care about the after sales service go for Le 1s best in terms of performance out of all the other phones.

If media consumption is at your priority and not gaming then K4 note should be your choice.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I would say wait for Redmi 3 else get
Honor 6 Price in India - Buy Honor 6 Black 16 GB Online - Honor : Flipkart.com

or

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL Red 16 GB Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Top Bottom