BSOD whenever I start gaming

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got cpu replaced but still the same problem. What to do next?
Change motherboard next if still issue doesn't fix then RAM then SSD?
In my opinion you should have checked your gpu first as seen many cases of ppl still getting faulty graphics card as replacement under warranty.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
In my opinion you should have checked your gpu first as seen many cases of ppl still getting faulty graphics card as replacement under warranty.

What are the odds the old and RMA'd GPU have exact same issue !
That's why its less then 0.5% chance its bad GPU

I think I will RMA mobo tmrw then RAM then SSD and then GPU again. I will spend 6 months not using my pc but waiting for replacements lol and going to service centers every week.

It would have been easier if someone in neighborhood had gaming pc. Could swap every part and check 1 by 1.

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
If you can read the dump files very well then you might know the culprit for BSOD.
If someone knows that much then he wouldn't have to ask on forum in the first place.
Also BSOD issue is fixed when I changed to new PSU but stuttering problem is still there, you can check other thread and plz merge them :
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/computer-stuttering-while-gaming.209986/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also BSOD issue is fixed when I changed to new PSU but stuttering problem is still there, you can check other thread and plz merge them :
*geek.digit.in/community/threads/computer-stuttering-while-gaming.209986/
Both threads are somewhat long now so better to let them remain separate. I can edit the first post in both threads to incl the link to other thread for those interested.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if someone curious in Forum reads this they can research more on dump files and gather some knowledge in the first place.
Dump file don't always gets created & outside of usual driver issues they can never conclusively prove psu issue which is often the reson behind many such situations. It is always recommended to start with basic hardware checking first by running live linux/benchmarking tools to rule out hardware issues first & then only move on to analyzing dump files & even there, in my experience, event viewer should be checked first.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Dump file don't always gets created & outside of usual driver issues they can never conclusively prove psu issue which is often the reson behind many such situations. It is always recommended to start with basic hardware checking first by running live linux/benchmarking tools to rule out hardware issues first & then only move on to analyzing dump files & even there, in my experience, event viewer should be checked first.
Dump file is created when system encounters BSOD. It doesn't provide generic insight but will definitely help what crashed and which drivers was faulty.

*www.logixconsulting.com/2020/05/19/the-purpose-of-windows-dump-files-and-how-they-work/

OP
adikumar2010

adikumar2010

Journeyman
Dump file is created when system encounters BSOD. It doesn't provide generic insight but will definitely help what crashed and which drivers was faulty.

*www.logixconsulting.com/2020/05/19/the-purpose-of-windows-dump-files-and-how-they-work/
Yesterday I replaced my motherboard. So here is the summary :
1) When I changed GPU 1.5 months ago, problem was still same.
2) After that when I changed PSU 1 month ago the BSOD problem went away but freezing/stutters was still there
3) Then I changed CPU 3 weeks ago and after that freezing was gone but there was stutters still the same.
4) Then I changed Motherboard this week, now stutters are the only issue but they are reduced by 80%.

So what should I change next ? RAM, GPU or SSD ?

And is it possible that every component in my PC was fried all at same time because of old PSU or bad mobo ?
Because every time I change one component the issue gets fixed by a small percentage.

Top Bottom