BSOD - bad pool caller error : Help fix

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hi guys

I've been using an external drive with windows to go to boot my Dell latitude 7300 laptop into windows 10. Its worked fine till now, but for the last few days its been repeatedly giving me a blue screen of death with a bad pool caller error after about 10min of starting up. Screenshot below

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200314/3f9d7f86535c30fde0088b93b4a848a6.jpg

My config
Dell latitude 7300
Intel i5 gen 8
8GB of Ram
Windows 10

Any suggestions on the next steps

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
As per this page - *support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026863/windows-fix-error-0xc2-badpoolcaller

You need to revert your machine to the last known good configuration. Definitely seems like some issue with either your hard drive driver or the hard drive itself.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Run CrystalDiskInfo & post the screenshot of your external hdd status & parameter values.
Will give this a shot today and post it here

I did use a win to go drive to make this win to go drive. It's been working fine for almost a year+ now, so something recent has screwed it up.

One more update: tried running an HP laptop with this disk and it runs fine. It seems the issue is with a driver/update that is specific to my dell laptop.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
As per this page - *support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026863/windows-fix-error-0xc2-badpoolcaller

You need to revert your machine to the last known good configuration. Definitely seems like some issue with either your hard drive driver or the hard drive itself.
This option did not show up at all.

Funny thing it seems to boot on an HP laptop (elitebook 735 G5, AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2500 32GB RAM ) and runs fine, but continues to crash on my Dell latitude.

Guess the only way is a format and reinstall. Crap

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Finally did a full format and made a new win to go partition on my disk. Seems to have fixed the BSOD, but now if i leave my laptop idle for some 15-20 min i again get a BSOD with the boot drive inaccessible error.

What could this be now?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally did a full format and made a new win to go partition on my disk. Seems to have fixed the BSOD, but now if i leave my laptop idle for some 15-20 min i again get a BSOD with the boot drive inaccessible error.

What could this be now?

Still waiting for that crystaldiskinfo report.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
1585332160565.png

Crystal disk info screenshot, seems alright

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,it does(btw edit your post to remove the serial number from screenshot). Have you checked all usb & hdd power settings to see nothing is turned off after X amount of time?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Yes,it does(btw edit your post to remove the serial number from screenshot). Have you checked all usb & hdd power settings to see nothing is turned off after X amount of time?
Turned off most of them, let me do a check again. My guess is also that the USB is going to sleep after some time, but the new update seems to have moved that setting

Ok disabled all the USB power off settings i could find. I still get the BSOD if i leave the laptop idle for too long with the error "Unecpected store exception"

Last edited:
Top Bottom