General Query BSNL dressedtokill offer

BhargavJ

In the zone
I paid my landline bill through the BSNL site using netbanking. After successful payment of the bill, I got a message (on the BSNL site) that I have got some six points for doing this transaction, and I can buy an item worth upto Rs. 2500 on the dressedtokill site. It gave me a coupon code. The site is:

BSNL

Entering the coupon code allows you to add the item to the cart and proceed to checkout.

The site mainly has ties, but there are two watches as well, each costing Rs. 2450. The item itself is free, but you have pay the delivery charge, which is between Rs. 300 and 400, and I think it has to be paid using a credit/debit card.

Has anyone tried ordering this? It seems too good to be true, just giving away a Rs. 2500 gift for free. Maybe its a scam, wherein they take the delivery charge and then not send the gift at all. The thing is, the offer details, the website link and the coupon code was on the main BSNL site itself.

I tried the site scamadvisor, but it says "this content has been removed" on this page:

*www.scamadviser.com/is-bsnl.dressedtokill.in-a-fake-site.html

Checking "BSNL" gives the message "High Trust Rating. This Site Looks Safe To Use."

What do you all think?

Edit: The link at the top was for the dressedtokill site, and below that, it said I have six loyalty points which can be used on:

IIS Windows Server

This site is named "IIS Windows Server" and doesn't have any offers.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same thing as those "in domestic flight deals" where they give you a coupon to scratch & based on the code you can choose to get a product after paying the handling fee which in my opinion is always more than the product's real value.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I think such products are worth 300-400 itself and delivery charges shouldn't be over 100 at max.

True. i have been getting offers like these from many companies and in all of them I have found out that the item given is of very cheap and is easily covered in the amount asked as delivery charges.

OP
B

BhargavJ

In the zone
The two watches I mentioned don't look like they are worth Rs. 2500. They both appear pretty cheap, with no company name. I wasn't going to buy anything, but what I found surprising is that these ads were on the BSNL site, which means the product company guys approached BSNL, and BSNL allowed them to promote their offer on their website. And BSNL also gave loyalty points, pointing to a site which has no products at all!

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
they might have bribed someone and yes those watches are not worth. you can check cheap markets in your city and you might find these or something similar for around 100-200Rs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is not just BSNL,you will find similar offers in many domestic flights of Indigo & others though I admit that their products look better than BSNL ones.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
true. one of my relatives bought a watch for Rs.3500 on a jet flight to be given to me as my birthday present. i was in such a state to see it as it was a non-branded item but its packaging was so good that the it looked like a nice brand. this heppened when i kept telling everyone not to jump and buy something when you don't have any idea about that thing. that watch died in an year. watches from titan and espirit etc. are working fine since long.

Top Bottom